Strange taste

Options
I was wondering if anyone else has those foods that you know are strange to eat, but like to eat it anyway?

It's a little embarrassing , but I really like the white part of watermelon, even though it's a pain to extract it from the peel (⌒▽⌒) ;;

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yes, lots. I eat some food combinations that would have many people saying, "Eeeewwwwww."

If you like it, who cares if it's a little different than most people eat? :)
  • vlovell24
    vlovell24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter toast with scrambled eggs. I also love green olives with egg salad. Yum.
  • anamibell
    anamibell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my combinations get that sort of reaction too ! It's really interesting to see how everyone is so different when it comes to food

• anamibell
    Options
    Sounds good !
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Vegemite, lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches. It completely freaks people out but I love it.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    anamibell wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone else has those foods that you know are strange to eat, but like to eat it anyway?

It's a little embarrassing , but I really like the white part of watermelon, even though it's a pain to extract it from the peel (⌒▽⌒) ;;

​I also like watermelon rind. I have a recipe for sweet watermelon rind pickle, but I haven't made it in a couple years. I am planning on making a spicy curry watermelon rind pickle variant of my spicy curry lemon pickle recipe soon.

When I cut up a watermelon, I cut both the fruit and the rind into small chunks to freeze for my frozen fruit protein smoothies, which I weigh and log separately. I use a vegetable peeler to take off the skin, which makes it very easy. I also dice up the rind for my salads; it gives a great crunch to them. I could not find raw watermelon rind in the Food Database, so I use "squash - summer, all varieties, raw" since I think those Calories and nutrients are close enough to the raw watermelon rind.
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Macaroni noodles, cottage cheese and tuna fish. So delicious.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I like eating raw lemons. It freaks people out but I love it.
  • anamibell
    Options
    I cant help but eat that little piece of lemon which comes along with your salad or sushi , nobody freaks out more than the waiter who finds the lemon to disappear haha
  • anamibell
    Options
    serasmommy wrote: »
    Macaroni noodles, cottage cheese and tuna fish. So delicious.
    All mixed together ? :smiley: sounds gooooood
  • anamibell
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    anamibell wrote: »

​I also like watermelon rind. I have a recipe for sweet watermelon rind pickle, but I haven't made it in a couple years. I am planning on making a spicy curry watermelon rind pickle variant of my spicy curry lemon pickle recipe soon.

When I cut up a watermelon, I cut both the fruit and the rind into small chunks to freeze for my frozen fruit protein smoothies, which I weigh and log separately. I use a vegetable peeler to take off the skin, which makes it very easy. I also dice up the rind for my salads; it gives a great crunch to them. I could not find raw watermelon rind in the Food Database, so I use "squash - summer, all varieties, raw" since I think those Calories and nutrients are close enough to the raw watermelon rind.

Pickling it sounds like a genius idea, I've tried all sorts of other things and came to a conclusion that I liked mines plain :)

Thank you for the tips !
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Unsure how unusual it is, but I love peanut butter on a burger
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and bacon sandwiches here ... savory, salty and sweet at the same time :)
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options

I do this...LURVE them! But only occasionally since the acid is bad for your teeth.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I love to sprinkle nutritional yeast on just about everything from bagels to broccoli to popcorn. It gives everything a really yummy, nutty, cheese-y flavor, and it has lots of vitamins and proteins that are good for people like me who don't eat a lot of meat!

My parents and relatives just watch me sprinkle this mysterious yellow powder all over my food and are like "What the hell is that crap?" XD
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Marmite and banana sandwiches. B)

Sounds foul but is absolutely scrummy as are cheese and jam sandwiches but they're fairly common.
  • anamibell
    Options
    I love to sprinkle nutritional yeast on just about everything from bagels to broccoli to popcorn. It gives everything a really yummy, nutty, cheese-y flavor, and it has lots of vitamins and proteins that are good for people like me who don't eat a lot of meat!

My parents and relatives just watch me sprinkle this mysterious yellow powder all over my food and are like "What the hell is that crap?" XD

Ahaha, I understand completely !
    I do the same thing but with cinnamon, my family can't stand me xD
  • anamibell
    Options
    ismg68 wrote: »
    Marmite and banana sandwiches. B)

Sounds foul but is absolutely scrummy as are cheese and jam sandwiches but they're fairly common.

Marmite isn't available so I haven't tried it, but cheese and jam sounds delicious !
  • anamibell
    Options
    rhtexasgal wrote: »
    peanut butter and bacon sandwiches here ... savory, salty and sweet at the same time :)

I've seen the combination in bakery muffins :D
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Banana with a slice of kraft cheese around it. The cheese and banana are the same texture but it adds a little salt. Salt on watermelon is also really good, OP!