Lose lovehandles?

Options
Okay so I don't know if this has been posted before, (I don't exactly want to go through all the pages. lol)
So I am definitely a "curvy" girl and my main problem is my love handles. Are there any exercises that work that area?
I'm a newbie to the whole fitness thing. Thanks in advance (:

Replies

• tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Do you like to hula hoop?
  • butterflykisses9
    Options
    I just posted about how mine are uneven!!! Not to many responses :[ But I have lost 4 inches off my waist....love handles will melt off as the weight comes off but if your looking to tone them while in this process work on side crunches (medicine balls are nice) There are a bunch of different ab work you can do. I also do side planks, side leg lifts, side crunches, and standing side crunches :]
  • ZannahDia
    ZannahDia Posts: 65
    Options
    I know an exercise, but I'm not sure what its called but what you do is lay down on one of your sides and keep your legs straight but raise both of them towards your head and then crunch your side. If you do them everyday, and keep increasing the number, you should be able to see results within a couple of weeks.
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    Options
    comcast on demand has belly dancing fitness videos! or hula hoop, or any cardio i suggest!
  • kjosey1
    kjosey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    It's all about losing fat. When you lose weight, your body decides which area the fat will come from. For me, the first thing to go is my chest and then my face usually starts to get slimmer. I normally notice the belly and love handles after this. Just keep counting calories and exercise to burn more calories and you'll see results. Muscle looks better than fat, so if you want to tone your body, it will give you a slimmer look as well. Right now I'm carrying a few extra pounds around my mid section, but I can still see muscle in my abs. Good luck!!! Just keep dropping the pounds and you'll lose the handles in the process :)
  • hollyruth92
    Options
    I love hula hoop! I just don't have one haha.
    I know that a lot of daning requires hard core hip movements so I'm going to try that along possibly with the side crunches Zannahdia was talking about.

Thanks for responding!! (:
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of the fat in one spot, so doing cardio is important for overall weight loss. But you can tone the muscles underneath that will help get rid of lovehandles. Doing exercises that focus on the obliques like crunches that twist to the right and left or the side plank are good.
  • hollyruth92
    Options
    It's all about losing fat. When you lose weight, your body decides which area the fat will come from. For me, the first thing to go is my chest and then my face usually starts to get slimmer. I normally notice the belly and love handles after this. Just keep counting calories and exercise to burn more calories and you'll see results. Muscle looks better than fat, so if you want to tone your body, it will give you a slimmer look as well. Right now I'm carrying a few extra pounds around my mid section, but I can still see muscle in my abs. Good luck!!! Just keep dropping the pounds and you'll lose the handles in the process :)

Thanks! Yeah for my I noticed that for me I notice it in my face first then later in my stomach. My stomach really isn't bad it's just my sides and arms and with summer coming up I'd like to be able to wear dresses without looking funny.
  • laj3918
    laj3918 Posts: 28
    Options
    last place you gain the weight is the first place it will come off.

you cannot spot tone.

love handles are stubborn and will come off with overall weight loss.

yes, toning is good - builds the muscles underneath - but if you don't lose the fatty layer......