I really need to get motivated

Options
Rowena61
Rowena61 Posts: 1 Member
I have a long road ahead of me it almost seems impossible. There are a few of you that are wanting to lose weight and your current weight is what my goal weight is. I'm 53 just a few months from being 54. I have been married for 34 years and my husband is a Senior Pastor of a church. I am a stay home grandma that cares for our 6 grandbabies while their parents work. I weigh 272 pounds and I'm only 5'1. I can't believe I've allowed myself to do this to my body. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, bad ankels and hips. I can hardly get around without being in pain. There are times I don't even like myself anymore. I want to fill better and be able to enjoy life more and to do that I need to lose weight. I've tried so many things and just get discouraged. I'm ready to try again. Through prayer, support, fitnesspal and self determination I hope this time will be when I can do it!

Replies

• Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you (we) can do this...add me :-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    You don't HOPE it happens. You MAKE it happen. If you commit to it like you commit to your faith, you'll make it. Motivation is internal so like faith, no one can make you believe. It's entirely up to you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • claudiasusana93
    claudiasusana93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do it you just have to believe in yourself! :)
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can do it you just have to believe in yourself! :)

This is truly the first step. You need to believe that you can do it. Nobody will ever tell you it is an easy task, but losing weigh is definitely something we can all do. I lost over 200 pounds in a year. I didn't expect to lose that much in a year, but I was determined... and I knew that the task of losing weight was possible.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    With that many grandkids to watch, just watching your calories it will slide off!!! Bless your heart! Remember to prepare your meals separate from theirs so no accidental grazing until you are use to this. And if they eat healthier that's more the merrier!!

1. Log meals
    2. weigh food and use measuring spoons etc.
    3. measure yourself
  • theloveintern
    theloveintern Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful just like every other single person, but these is no use in hearing it from others, you need to hear it from yourself! It breaks my heart that you say sometimes you don't like yourself, your first priority I am hoping over time will be to LOVE yourself! We are all in the same boat, same ocean, just sailing at different speeds and docking at different stations. All in this together! Rooting for you
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    >>I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, bad ankels and hips. I can hardly get around without being in pain. << this and your 6 lovely grandbabies are your motivation. Remind yourself of this every day. In addition to eating changes get exercise even if at first it means walking a very short distance. You will be surprised how quickly you can progress. Once you see progress that becomes your new motivation.

14 months ago I was 150 pounds overweight, could not walk up our steep driveway without rests, could not walk more than 1/4 mile without excruciating foot knee and hip pain, wad borderline diabetic, and slight high BP at age 59. Today I've lost 100 pounds, walk 4-5 mi/day, strength train 2-3x/week, have very little pain, normal glucose and normal BP. I have 50 lbs left to my goal weight. It is not easy, but IT IS EASIER THAN A LIFE OF PAIN AND OBESITY.
  • fitotrim
    fitotrim Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am just restarting today. I realized that I cannot do this for anyone else. I must be motivated for myself. Hang in there! Your grandkids love you and need you