I beat cancer twice, why can't I just lose weight?

Options
I am a 37 year old mother of three girls looking for motivation and support. I NEVER had a problem losing weight until I got cancer. Now I diet, exercise and the scale goes up and down. It stinks and I am very frustrated!!! I live in Central Florida. TIA

Replies

• Nur5eshelley
    Nur5eshelley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on beating cancer! I too have won the fight. I'm 18 months post treatment and just had a baby. I've not been able to shed the pounds since treatment. I was on high dose steroids so that's when the weight came on and it's been here to stay. I had lymphoma. I've been able to lose a few pounds since starting MFP and I hope to continue!
  • Ikickedcancersbutt13
    Options
    Congratulations to you as well. I hope we both get to lose those extra pounds and STAY CANCER FREE!!!
  • krstcrtn
    krstcrtn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats to us all for kicking cancers *kitten*. I'm a 13 yr BC survivor and still have not lost the weight I gained during and after treatment. Chemo/Rads wreak havoc on our bodies and our metabolism changes. Keep your chin up, keep in exercising and eating right and you'll feel better. You've got this!!!! ;)
  • corissasilva
    corissasilva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    may i suggest you google the 17 day diet? 17dd.com . its not so much a diet as it is a lifestyle its simple no counting calories. it spells everything out for u and it works!!! its wonderful u both are cancer free....god bless and i wish u success