Damn overzealous weighing!

Options
I realised today that I really should stop weighing myself every day. Over the last 2 weeks I lost 4KG. Weighed myself yesterday and was all good - weighed myself this morning and up 2KG. I did have a big dinner last night...

Really demotivated me for a second, but then got me more passionate about continuing.

How often do you guys weigh yourself?

Replies

• dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. You had too much sodium. Drink a lot of fluid then weigh again tomorrow.
  • rorobonobo
    rorobonobo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah - yesterday was not a good day lol! I didn't actually notice how high the sodium levels got yesterday, ew.

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Twice a day. Right before bed and then after I get up and use the bathroom.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I had to have my husband hide it so I wouldn't obsess. once a week same time, same day kinda thing
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    To me that's a little obsessive, although I know some people will disagree. I used to weight myself once a week, but I've cut back to once a month. I guess go with what works for you.
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Options
    Two to three times a week
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and measure once a week. If you feel the scale is getting into your head, take a break for a week! I personally enjoy the back and forth of the scale - it makes me push harder. :)
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log everyday. I know it goes up and down, but it's a downward trend!
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Usually once every 2 weeks, but during a one month challenge I am doing, I weigh myself once weekly.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Right before getting in bed after drinking a couple glasses of water, when I first get up then again in a few minutes after my trip to the bathroom. At 64 many guys will show more interest in flow rates and amounts. :) LCHF as been helpful in this department in my case.

I chart this on the back of junk mail and help a couple months of data handy when questions come up.

This is all the weighing that I do. If the weights do not meet my expectations then I will start to estimate my calories for a few days.
  • rocknrobin65
    rocknrobin65 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month. There's too much fluctuation day to day that's normal, so seeing a three pound increase one day didn't matter to me anyway. I'm not a scale watcher, thankfully.
  • allysonrick
    allysonrick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Usually twice a week. And always in the morning. Sometimes I check more often but I only record twice a week.
  • allanthfc
    allanthfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was on the scales dailly but yes, same here it was up and down by two pounds or more. Now just weekly.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a week and measure once a month.