Meeting goals

Options
I want to start making a list of rewards as I loose weight. Has anyone does this and what rewards did you treat yourself to?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,026 Member
    Options
    Some people are motivated by rewards ... I'm not.

But I suppose the biggest reward I've had is that I can get back into a whole collection of clothes I had in storage. :) It's nice to be able to wear this stuff again.
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yes! I am one of those people that is motivated by rewards.
    Sometimes it's 'stuff', like a great new purse or pair of shoes, or my fave thing so far an ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser, and sometimes I reward myself with TIME to do something completely frivolous, and I have no guilt about it. Like playing 'candy crush' or solitaire or some total time waster like that.

We are working hard. and I like a reward for working hard.
    what's that saying. Losing weight is hard, maintaining weight is hard, being fat is hard...choose your hard.
    and now you get a prize for choosing the right hard! yay you! So enjoy your rewards @Sara45431

I haven't made a 'list'....but now that you've mentioned it, I think a list is a GREAT idea. I need something to get me through the next 15 pounds. Gonna make my list tonight over my favorite cup of Tea. oh that was another reward I gave myself, a container of Aveda Wellness Tea. It's made with licorice root and is sweet and minty and totally lovely.

I don't miss my evening glass of wine at all! (said no one ever) lol
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Some people are motivated by rewards ... I'm not.

But I suppose the biggest reward I've had is that I can get back into a whole collection of clothes I had in storage. :) It's nice to be able to wear this stuff again.

that's an AWESOME reward! way to go. I can't wait till I'm there.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    My reward is going to be not hating myself as much. Also spending money on new clothes
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not really, I respond more to achieving the goals themselves, or to things I tell myself like "finish off time on the machine or # of repetitions so it's a round number" or "do five more minutes". Which I do find rewarding, I guess :) Also I try to just enjoy the process, I try to make appetizing meals, etc.

If I were to give myself some kind of reward, it'd be something small, like a pedicure, or yet another red lipstick.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Or (if you're working out), workout gear or clothes, maybe?