200 pounds to lose... Looking for friends to add :0)

Options
Wazup Everybody! :) I'm 30 years old and I'm looking to CHANGE MY LIFE! I'm GOING to loose about 200 lbs! :# I'm excited about the journey! I've failed lots of times, but I'm constantly looking forward! I'm looking for other POSITIVE individuals to be weight loss journey buddies with! I'm also a military spouse, and I'm away from my hometown in the ATL. I really need the extra support. :0) I'm looking to motivate and to be motivated!!! I've already lost about 7 pounds and I'm feeling sexier already! ;) Seriously, I'm feeling great! Let's be friends!!! Send me a message or add me! Much success on everyone's journey!!

Replies

• megslc21
    megslc21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new pals! I am down over 40 but have 170 to go! Feel free to add me
  • phYndingME
    phYndingME Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Meg!!! WOW! You go girl!!!
  • gardnerslater
    gardnerslater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    phYndingME wrote: »
    Wazup Everybody! :) I'm 30 years old and I'm looking to CHANGE MY LIFE! I'm GOING to loose about 200 lbs! :# I'm excited about the journey! I've failed lots of times, but I'm constantly looking forward! I'm looking for other POSITIVE individuals to be weight loss journey buddies with! I'm also a military spouse, and I'm away from my hometown in the ATL. I really need the extra support. :0) I'm looking to motivate and to be motivated!!! I've already lost about 7 pounds and I'm feeling sexier already! ;) Seriously, I'm feeling great! Let's be friends!!! Send me a message or add me! Much success on everyone's journey!!

• gardnerslater
    gardnerslater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there, stay encouraged, ad I told my neice who has about 150+ pounds to lose, I had 102-105, be honest with yourself. You can lie to everyone else but be honest with you. Begin to differentiate between hungry and thirsty. I have found over my last 9 month journey that many times I thought I was hungry but was actually thirsty. If you are feeling hungry right after you eat, or while you're eating or soon after....get yourself a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If you decide to eat anyway, if once you've eaten you're still hungry then you're thirsty. Also move your body, find something you like to do, if its swimming fit it into your schedule, make time for you to do that. I walk, 5-10 miles a day, the first few times (or longer) I was a panting, sweaty mess but I kept at it. I walked in a way that when I felt I could take another step I had to keep moving or I'd be a sodden, uncomfortable mess a distance from where I needed to be. Sounds crazy but it worked for me. Lastly, at least for now, believe you are worth it. Good luck, stay positive and honest!!!
  • Wytcher9
    Wytcher9 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this new adventure to lose approx 150 lbs. I welcome new friends to share support and positive energy. Lord knows that we get enough flack from society.
  • phYndingME
    phYndingME Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5-10 miles a day!!! Man, you're awesome!!! Give me some time, I'm going to catch up with you! I'm on my way! Thanks for the response an advice! I'm going to try to drink more water after I eat! I always crave something sweet! I think that it's more out of habit than anything else though! I'm adding you to the fit posse as well!
  • maramatoum
    maramatoum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi it's Maram
    need to lose 100
    good luck to all
  • gifmepower
    gifmepower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I also have have 100+ to lose to hit my goal. Been going solid for 2 months now. Looking for freinds to keep me motivated. free to add me and good luck on your journey
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 37 more pounds to lose before hitting my goal, but I was a lot heavier a few years ago and would love a few new friends. I started jogging/walking at 280 pounds, and now weigh 207 pounds. I had a baby a year ago and I finally got to my pre-baby weight yesterday! Now I want to get to 170 pounds. I make small goals, in fact my first goal on MFP is listed as 190 pounds, I also got a FitBit and love it!!! For me, I had to find something I love to do it..and that was jogging! And when I say I love it, I mean I really LOVED it! I became an addict, but unfortunately, jogging when you weigh what I did, is really bad for your knees. I just had knee surgery 3 weeks ago and unfortunately, my knee was already beyond repair. They "cleaned" up what they could, shaved my tibia bone down, clipped a miniscus, and shaved 3 areas of other cartilage. Hopefully that will buy me a few more years until I can get a knee replacement. My running days are definitely over, but the good thing that has come out of it, is it has really made me focus on my diet and food. Once I am healed though, I cant wait to get back in the gym and get a good work out in. I returned about a week ago but all I can do is the bike and arms right now. It gets pretty boring lol.
  • kimikat91
    kimikat91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive always been a big girl but hit my heaviest of 267 about 4 months ago. Since then im down to 237. Its not much but its something. My goal is 117. Im 5'2 n a half and need some motivation and friends so add me if ya want.
  • webbz
    webbz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm after support too and to give support to others.
    Along with diet and exercise, support is key. Hopefully linking with people from different locations, backgrounds and all walks of life will give you, me and everyone else the support needed! Feel free to add me :-)!
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I lost 200 pounds in less than a year without surgery or being on a "diet". I changed my life. It can be done. Feel free to add me and check out my profile for information on some articles I have written.

I know you can do it. YOU need to believe it. :smile:
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started with needing to lose 200 lbs too. Have lost 100 as of this week. Started back again "super serious" in March(had baby in Nov) I'm on daily and open to active supportive friends to share the journey so add me!
    Jesse
  • meltamese
    meltamese Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I added you! Your attitude is awesome!! :)
  • katie3403
    katie3403 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like you postive attitude. They say a good part of weight loss is mental so you are headed in the right direction.
  • SereneJackson
    SereneJackson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am already so proud of you for setting such a large goal and i KNOW you can do it. You go girl, and show the world what your made of :)! If you ever need motivation, support, tips, im free to talk! Keep up the good work and never feel defeated, anything is possible if you thrive for it to be!
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie! You have the right attitude to tackle this journey. I'm not great at giving nutrition tips, but as someone who works out 5 to 6 times a week for easily 2 to 3 hours per session, you can count on me to motivate you to get out there and move.
  • vicious_trissy
    vicious_trissy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new also. I'm hoping to lose 100 lbs. I'm down 12 lbs so I'm chugging along.