Dark Chocolate??

Options
AlyshAllen
AlyshAllen Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
My mom and I had been on the subject of sweets and diets the other day and she brought up dark chocolate. I looked it up and it not only is a great source of fiber and many other great things, but can help lower blood pressure and reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. (As long as it contains more than 70% cocoa.) For me it helps curb my cravings for other sweets and chocolates that aren't as good for you. Maybe it can help you guys. Check out this website that gives good recommendations.

https://healthyeater.com/dark-chocolate-best-and-worst

Just something that I was thinking of while snacking today.
Good luck with your weight loss and have a great day! You got this!

Replies

• jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a square or two of the lindt 90% every now and again
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I keep a pack of Moser Roth 85% dark on hand at all times. I love that there are smaller individually wrapped bars in the pack and the price is great. It's a lovely silky smooth texture without the waxy impression that I get from Ghirardelli and Lindt. I also really like Green and Black brand but it is nearly twice the price of Moser Roth.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    All chocolate is good for me :)

But yeah, I have a bag of Ghirardelli 72% on hand, mostly for those days where I overdo it before dessert (60 calories a piece, so it's very easy to fit in).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It's one oft go-to snacks
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I adore dark chocolate. I find that a piece or two is very satisfying.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this yesterday! Sainsbury's do a 5 pack of dark chocolate mini bars that are 72% I think for £1.50 and 149 calories each. Hardly any carbs, tastes amazing and I've had a dessert!