An important NSV for me today.

Options
Today I went to Bob Evan's fully intending to eat healthy. It turned out something happened where we ended up having to wait a little extra longer for our food. We didn't complain or anything but our waitress offered us free desert.

I really wish that my NSV was that I had said no to the desert. I really wish I had that self control.

So what was my victory. I had the courage to actually log my failure into my diary for everybody to see.

On top of that I came home and as much as I wanted to I did not puke. I felt so horrible and guilty when I got home and I felt and overwhelming need to purge but I distracted myself and I didn't do it. For anybody that has brushed elbows with bulimia before you know how hard this can be and how important it is to overcome.

I just wanted to post this here because I'm still feeling a little guilty and I guess I just need some support and to know that I did ok today.

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! I am proud of you!

Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • 01elizabeth59
    Options
    That is a fabulous victory!! Way to go!!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, very brave. if we cant see our failures we will never overcome them. you did good girl!
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    You overcame a great hurdle. Be very proud of yourself and put it past you!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You did wonderful!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You did wonderfully! First, and most importantly, you maintained perspective and did not purge. You had a dessert. Not planned, but not that bad. AND you were honest with yourself in your log. Good for you!
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that is an amazing victory! and we should always allow ourselves in indulge every once in a while. we deserve it! we are working our *kitten* off! i always had such a hard time admitting to cheating until i realized the only person i'm cheating is myself. way to go for owning up to it. just rededicate to doing better next time and let this one slide!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    You did so amazing! I totally understand not wanting to log the bad things, and feeling guilty after, but being honest with yourself is so important, and that's such a great step towards obtaining your goals! Great work, keep it up and you can totally do this!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    That is nothing to be ashamed of. You did absolutely perfect and you are only human. Way to go for you! Plus, we all need a treat sometimes anyway.
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    you did REALLY amazing!!! way to go!!!! BE PROUD, Be very PROUD!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am glad that I decided to mow the lawn today so I ended up going over my calories a bit and I ate back ALL of my exercise calories but it doesn't look nearly as ugly as it would have if I hadn't pushed that lawn mower around and raked for over an hour.
  • rubianne1979
    Options
    You did good. Everyone has a day when they over eat. Mine was yesterday. Mozarella sticks were my downfall. I love them and could not stop at 2.
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Everybody slips up once in awhile... It's okay. And I, for one, am very proud of you for resisting the urge to throw up. That's wonderful. You're battling your weight and bulemia at the same time?! You're a very strong and brave and wonderful individual.
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    You did have self control of your body today!! Awesome NSV!! Keep up the concentration to eat and live well!:flowerforyou:
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! That is something to be proud of for sure!
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    you only went over your calories by 21! you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You did great! You had a real life challenge, and you controlled your response. Bulimia is a scary thing - I know that urge. But you pushed past that feeling, and that's great! It's one indulgence in one meal, and it will so NOT derail your progress! No guilt, you're still on the right track. :flowerforyou:
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what I would do without you wonderful people on this wonderful site.

I feel so much better now.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What a healthy reaction! You didn't purge, you logged the extra calories, and you mowed the lawn. (and if you'd like to do more, mine could use mowing -- again!)

Way to go! I'm proud of you!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful thing. You did very well today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!