124»

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    'bout tree fiddy.
    I'm hoping to get to over 9,000 some day.

dats a lot
    It has to be if you want to discourage saiyans from invading your planet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    'bout tree fiddy.
    I'm hoping to get to over 9,000 some day.

dats a lot
    It has to be if you want to discourage saiyans from invading your planet.

You geeked out on me. haha
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I've not tried max-rep BW squats before, but considering I've done 100 reps with 135# across my shoulders, I imagine I could do 101+ at BW.

I once did an alternative challenge during a graveyard work shift, do 25 BW squats every 15 minutes all night long. By the time I got up to 1k in the wee hours of the morning, my knees were refusing to cooperate.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Don't see the point to be honest. But I can squat 87.5kg/192lbs for 20 reps so bodyweight.....who knows?????
  • arditarose
    Options
    stephxo1 wrote: »
    Don't see the point to be honest. But I can squat 87.5kg/192lbs for 20 reps so bodyweight.....who knows?????

Dang. You're my hero.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    debsbiggs wrote: »
    Also, bodyweight squats are beneficial in any number - if you can do an endless amount then bravo to you! I can also do an endless amount as I get bored at 250 but it doesn't mean it's not beneficial! Move more, lose more! For some of us, anything is better than nothing!
    Squats are a good compound exercise and should be encouraged.

So why do you benefit from doing 250 body weight squats as opposed to a more moderate amount? Why is it so beneficial?

So you have pm'ed me to answer this question - seems you are an Internet bully!
    You're joking... Right.?
    I never said that I benefited from doing 250 body weight squats but the OP asked a question! I can't answer how many squats I can do because I get bored before I give up. However, I wanted to offer encouragement rather than negativity because weight loss and strength training is difficult.
    Any amount of squats, moderate or not, would be of benefit as I said earlier!

Repeating it didn't make it more true. But yes. That's exactly what you said
    And I quote
    Also, bodyweight squats are beneficial in any number
  • arditarose
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Also, bodyweight squats are beneficial in any number - if you can do an endless amount then bravo to you! I can also do an endless amount as I get bored at 250 but it doesn't mean it's not beneficial! Move more, lose more! For some of us, anything is better than nothing!

So why do you benefit from doing 250 body weight squats as opposed to a more moderate amount? Why is it so beneficial?

You're joking... Right.?
    I never said that I benefited from doing 250 body weight squats but the OP asked a question! I can't answer how many squats I can do because I get bored before I give up. However, I wanted to offer encouragement rather than negativity because weight loss and strength training is difficult.

And I quote

<--Internet bully
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

You're joking... Right.?

And I quote

<--Internet bully

You caught me. Damnnnit
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    If this thread defines rudeness and bullying then I hope some people never venture outside of MFP because they are in for a rude awakening.
  • Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

There is plenty of research about the benefit of compound body weight exercises but you are cabaple of finding it yourself online and clearly you are not actually interested, but rather trying to be smart! The OP is clearly smarter and already able to access suitable supporting info.

Actually, you're the one who started the name calling in this thread. I would be more inclined to define that as being an Internet bully. Just cause you don't agree with what others say, does not make them an idiot.
    And just because the OP may agree with some of your comments does not mean you are right.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    kimmiebrito, good luck with your squats and your training journey. I'm leaving this thread because I come on here for support and to support others. Unfortunately, not everyone does. Don't want to get further involved in this ridiculous argument!
    Have fun training!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    kimmiebrito, good luck with your squats and your training journey. I'm leaving this thread because I come on here for support and to support others. Unfortunately, not everyone does. Don't want to get further involved in this ridiculous argument!
    Have fun training!

When you support don't name call. Then this would not happen.
  • clincoln777
    clincoln777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do weighted squats (5X5@205) with 20 jump squats between each rep.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    For some silly *kitten* warm up I went and did 50 , but it gets boring,well back then it made me buuuurn,now well it kinda stings but ,when doing it with a barbell that doesn't have plates already feels like no weight is added.
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started (back into) working out with an 8-week fitness program, which started and ended with a fitness test. I started the program able to do 70 squats and ended with 105 -- that was breaking parallel, continuous with no rest. So that is a benefit of body-weight squats -- as a fitness test.

The program itself used a variety of weight and body-weight strength training, with cardio and stretching/flexibility woven throughout.

Also went from 15 to 22 push-ups, and 63 to 91 sec plank (although I was doing them with arms fully extended -- oops!)... I'm doing a core intensive program now, so that plank number better go up when I'm finished!