No Motivation No Time No Support

Options
hi all. I am new here, but not new to dieting. I've tried several diets/workouts and nothing has worked for me. My weight has always been a problem and now I'm stressed more than ever.

I recently got married and was disgusted with how I looked. I'm 5'4" and pushing 200lbs. My husband tells that I look fine, but I am getting depressed with my looks.

Help please!! :(

Replies

• hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    i can't help but think that you've come to the right place.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I started at 211 lbs at the height of 4'11.5" so I know how you feel. Start small. I basically started with a "hmm, I should eat a little better" and "hmm I wonder if I can even walk 5k". Calories are the main factor in weight loss, so just start with that and then add a little more movement, start small and let the momentum build. Down over 65 lbs now and I still eat candy, chips and such on a regular basis, I just eat one serving instead of the whole box/bag instead.

Find some people on here, an activity you like, join a group. There are many options available. Take it one step at a time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    You can do with no support IF you're committed and prioritize time to do it. If not, then you shouldn't expect much.
    Make a specific reasonable plan (daily and weekly), follow it without fail, and be consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You can do with no support IF you're committed and prioritize time to do it. If not, then you shouldn't expect much.
    Make a specific reasonable plan (daily and weekly), follow it without fail, and be consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This. Also, I would strongly recommend reading the "most helpful posts" in the general diet and weight loss forum. TONS of good info if you're going to get serious about dropping some lbs
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Change "No Motivation No Time No Support" to "No Excuses" and you cannot fail.

There aren't many people who haven't struggled with having motivation, time, and support whether it's from friends, a spouse, family etc. But the people who are most successful at this are those who don't let that get in the way. If you read the success stories on MFP you'll notice the theme and learn about some of the extraordinary things people are able to do once they get their mind right and decide that failure is not an option.
  • JuniperBreeze_xo
    JuniperBreeze_xo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
  • JuniperBreeze_xo
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    I started at 211 lbs at the height of 4'11.5" so I know how you feel. Start small. I basically started with a "hmm, I should eat a little better" and "hmm I wonder if I can even walk 5k". Calories are the main factor in weight loss, so just start with that and then add a little more movement, start small and let the momentum build. Down over 65 lbs now and I still eat candy, chips and such on a regular basis, I just eat one serving instead of the whole box/bag instead.

Find some people on here, an activity you like, join a group. There are many options available. Take it one step at a time.

This is really helpful. I will start small and work my way up. I guess I have to get it out of my head that loosing weight would happen quick.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i have similiar stats. I'm 209, 5'4 and 25 years old. lets do this!!!!
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you are important. You deserve to be happy and healthy. No matter what anyone tells you what matters the most is how you feel. I always tell myself if you don't like something, change it! It's going to be hard at first but within time you will start to see results, and with those results your confidence will start to shine. Good luck! And remember you can do anything you put your mind to and to not give up :smile:
  • PaigeS65
    PaigeS65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please remind yourself that you are beautiful, but now it's time to get healthy. I agree with above post. Small changes. Start with increasing your water intake everyday. Buy your self some fun new water bottles, one to leave at work.. In a few days, make a dietary change, cut out soda, or that morning muffin. Whatever it may be, make a small change, one at a time. Before you know it, you are eating super healthy. Then start adding in exercise slowly. One day, tell yourself that right after work I will come home, change into work out clothes, have a healthy snack and then I will go on a 20 minute walk. No Excuses. If you don't feel safe walking, they have free DVDs at your local library, or free walking work outs if you have ON DEMAND. Tell your husband that you love that he loves you no matter what, but you need his support and encouragement to get healthy and stay healthy. I hope some of this helps. Pinterest has great pins too! Start a My Health board and a low calorie recipe board
  • JuniperBreeze_xo
    Options
    Just remember that you are important. You deserve to be happy and healthy. No matter what anyone tells you what matters the most is how you feel. I always tell myself if you don't like something, change it! It's going to be hard at first but within time you will start to see results, and with those results your confidence will start to shine. Good luck! And remember you can do anything you put your mind to and to not give up :smile:

Thank you. That means a lot
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i bet if you posted your daily/weekly schedule people could find you the time to exercise.

The motivation you need to figure out yourself, and to be honest, while some back patting is nice, you don't need 'support'. you can however find some nice pals on here for a little cheerleading!
  • JuniperBreeze_xo
    Options
    PaigeS65 wrote: »
    Please remind yourself that you are beautiful, but now it's time to get healthy. I agree with above post. Small changes. Start with increasing your water intake everyday. Buy your self some fun new water bottles, one to leave at work.. In a few days, make a dietary change, cut out soda, or that morning muffin. Whatever it may be, make a small change, one at a time. Before you know it, you are eating super healthy. Then start adding in exercise slowly. One day, tell yourself that right after work I will come home, change into work out clothes, have a healthy snack and then I will go on a 20 minute walk. No Excuses. If you don't feel safe walking, they have free DVDs at your local library, or free walking work outs if you have ON DEMAND. Tell your husband that you love that he loves you no matter what, but you need his support and encouragement to get healthy and stay healthy. I hope some of this helps. Pinterest has great pins too! Start a My Health board and a low calorie recipe board

Wow, I never thought of it that way. I did start drinking more water, soda was never an issue for me as I never really drink it. But the hardest part for me is eating three meals a day. I usually skip breakfast, may have a late or unhealthy lunch. And then a big dinner once I get home from work.
    I've tried asking for help with my husband and my family, and they just tell me to go to the gym or do some sit ups. While that might help, I need the support from my family instead of them telling me that I'm getting chunky. My husband doesn't really motivate anything because he sits at home and eat whatever he wants and never gains a pound. Where if I eat a piece of cake, I gain 5 pounds on my thighs.

:(
  • JrChamberlain
    JrChamberlain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We are all here to help motivate ☺ I about the same size as you and am getting back on the wagon!! If you would like you can friend me and we can help desk other out!!
  • pkim320
    pkim320 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am sort of in the same problem.. I use to be very active and now I am having issues with my diet, weight, and consistent workout routines. I wish to get back on track.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Create motivation, make time, you are the support!

Eliminate excuses, set goals, and make progress.

Set a goal higher than weight loss - what physical activity do you have a passion for? What can you do with your husband to reinforce good health?
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    funny how perspective is everything. Im 5'4" and 200 lbs and i feel awesome! however i lost 50 lbs so for me this is awesome!

start loving yourself today. make time for yourself. its all in your attitude start there. if you have no time i believe you. then forget it stay at 200 lbs. end of story. but don't be upset about it. thats a decision. you can make a decision everyday to do this for yourself or not. but accept which it is.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    start small
    log everything you eat.
    you should be eating at a calorie deficit. and this will help you figure out what and how much to eat
  • JuniperBreeze_xo
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    start small
    log everything you eat.
    you should be eating at a calorie deficit. and this will help you figure out what and how much to eat

I think that's my problem. I need to track what I eat more strictly and be realistic with the outcome.

That's what I am hoping to achieve by joining here!

Thanks!!
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The easiest way I think to start is to just track what you eat. No goals at first, just track and try to do so by using a scale. You will start to learn and appreciate the impact of the food choices you make.