Working out after a concussion

Options
ibknow this isn't really weight loss relates, but I suffered a bad concussion last weekend. Was just wondering if anyone here has had one and how long they took to start exercising again.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Consult your GP.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Going to guess you are still feeling it if you are asking internet forums when to start training again.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    fitchlets wrote: »
    ibknow this isn't really weight loss relates, but I suffered a bad concussion last weekend. Was just wondering if anyone here has had one and how long they took to start exercising again.

When I passed post concussion protocol and my Dr cleared me.

Are you asking how long it took to get cleared?
  • fitchlets
    fitchlets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes I am just asking how long it took to get cleared. I know everyone is different. I'm not going to take that someone else did and apply to me. Just curious that's all.
  • fitchlets
    fitchlets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    fitchlets wrote: »

When I passed post concussion protocol and my Dr cleared me.

Are you asking how long it took to get cleared?

Are you willing to chat in private? I have some questions.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 2-3 weeks, but it's all dependent upon the level of the concussion and how many you've had.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to wait 2 weeks before skiing again. That was over a decade ago when people dismissed concussions more readily. I didn't have a concussion protocol to go through either.

Anyways, healing is more important than getting back to exercise. Take it slow and listen to your doctor.
  • pug11
    pug11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a severe concussion several years ago, definitely listen to your Dr. but everyone is different so be very careful.

Also, (not saying this will happen) your concussion was only last weekend, symptoms can start to show up days, weeks or even months later.

You must heal, so important, I started trying to exercise a few months later and paid for it big time.

A Dr. can tell you yes you can start exercising if you're not experiencing severe headaches and other symptoms but you know how you feel so go by that.

Good luck and take good care of yourself.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My first concussion, they wouldn't let me out of bed for 7 days, then they let me go to the bathroom with a nurse or aide, walk with physical therapy people, hop with the doctor and then walk on my own. After two weeks, I went home, but couldn't leave the house for another week. I was injured pretty badly, landing on my head on the concrete. There are a couple days I don't remember. Much like a drunk with a blackout, it's just gone. So weird and creepy.

My second concussion was a car accident and I was back at work less than 48 hours later.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Consult your GP.

YEP