Hello! New at this and taking any and all tips/advice/suggestions

Options
I am a young mother! I joined because since I've had my son I'm 25 pounds heavier than I was before. I would love to get down to my regular 160, I am 5'11, I want to do this for myself but it's very hard because I am not educated on how to eat healthy or how to exercise! I'd love to get as much help as I can! Thank you so much!

Replies

• HL9699
    HL9699 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hiya Hun,

Welcome to mfp. Feel free to add me and I will help as much as I can xx
  • jakehope87
    jakehope87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey

If you want one little tip (as this helped me massively this year) doing fasted cardio (no food before) for around 20mins upon waking, a light run or jog or any elevated heart rate exercise 2-3 times a week will make a massive difference in a short amount of time.

Obviously permits if your able to do that lol.

• mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you in your journey ☺ Feel free to add I am happy to help support
  • nickisalpha123
    nickisalpha123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My best advice is to take it slowly. With 25 pounds to lose, you should be setting your goals at no more than a pound a week. As you lose weight, MFP will decrease your calories so you'll want somewhere lower to go. Read the stickied posts at the top of the various forums. This one helped me immensely- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I recommend getting yourself a food scale. I know people tend to think that is going overboard, but it truly does make it so much easier to track your intake.

And, lastly...Don't make any changes to your diet and/or exercise routine that you don't think you can live with long term. You want to learn how to maintain your new weight and that's easier if you start with the routine you intend to continue.

57611793.png

Great advice!! Food scale makes all the difference in the world, trust me! A lot easier than stuffing chicken breast into cups trying to measure it. As far as this if you are consistent with your tracking and exercise you can use trial and error to see what works best for you. Great community!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My best advice is to take it slowly. With 25 pounds to lose, you should be setting your goals at no more than a pound a week. As you lose weight, MFP will decrease your calories so you'll want somewhere lower to go. Read the stickied posts at the top of the various forums. This one helped me immensely- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I recommend getting yourself a food scale. I know people tend to think that is going overboard, but it truly does make it so much easier to track your intake.

And, lastly...Don't make any changes to your diet and/or exercise routine that you don't think you can live with long term. You want to learn how to maintain your new weight and that's easier if you start with the routine you intend to continue.

57611793.png

All of this. Especially the last part. If you are white knuckling through diet and exercise you hate, you'll most likely go back to old habits once you get to goal, and you'll gain it right back. This doesn't mean don't stretch and challenge yourself, just don't do something you know you have no intention of continuing once the weight is off.

And nice work, happycampr1!
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • FlashyG
    FlashyG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me guys, I'm looking to connect with others on here. :smile:
  • carbnite_bro
    carbnite_bro Posts: 14 Member
    Options