What motivates you this week???

Options
If you're anything like me there are little motivators on top of the "big picture" motivator that keep us grinding away in this fitness lifestyle or healthy diet. The ones that keep us disciplined and allow us to dig a little deeper to find, or try to find, that next gear. Sometimes they are a little on the silly side. For instance, my wife and I are watching Jimmy Fallon awhile back and his guest is Channing Tatum because of the upcoming release of the new Magic Mike in theaters. Of course on commercial break they show a trailer for the movie. Towards the end it has all the guys lined up, oiled, and under perfect lighting and my wife lets out this...groany, moany, sigh best i can describe it. Not sure she meant for it to come out but it did. I look over and she's all but drooling. THAT was my new motivator. Ive always been relatively fit focusing mainly on packing on as much muscle as possible. Bulking cycles, supplements, tons of calories but never "cut". Well, seeing her reaction to guys shredded to the bone gave me a new invigorating drive. It was really what i needed and its actually paying off quite nicely i must say. So i ask again, no matter how silly, what is your newest motivator?

Replies

• Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Are you like it with some women? Everyone has crushes dont they, channing tatum is absolutely gorgeous and I love my boyfriends body, my boyfriend loves my body and openly tells me how he likes the girls in zoo mags. I bet it doesnt mean she doesnt like yours, but if thats your motivation and youve needed a push for while then let that be it :)
    My motivation - its my friends hen in 7 weeks and were going to majorca, ive got to wear a bikini so that is really on my mind, so far ive exercised for 12 days straight and not planning on stopping until I can't do any more lol.
  • smitup
    smitup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you like it with some women? Everyone has crushes dont they, channing tatum is absolutely gorgeous and I love my boyfriends body, my boyfriend loves my body and openly tells me how he likes the girls in zoo mags. I bet it doesnt mean she doesnt like yours, but if thats your motivation and youve needed a push for while then let that be it :)
    My motivation - its my friends hen in 7 weeks and were going to majorca, ive got to wear a bikini so that is really on my mind, so far ive exercised for 12 days straight and not planning on stopping until I can't do any more lol.

No I'm not at all faulting her for it. Heck i even have a man crush on the guy. Im a sucker for Salma Hayek :wink:
    More power to you on your goal! You're going to look incredible im sure!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I am similar to you in that I pick smaller motivations and work towards those as the weeks go on. Mine has been an 8k that I'm signed up for in a couple of weeks. I ran a 5k this past weekend and finished within my goal so I'm hoping with some training and dedication I can hit my 8k running goal. After that, I'll pick yet another event or a competition to keep me motivated. it is going to be especially hard since I'm quitting my gym membership. my husband and I are now equipped at our house for everything we need...but not having my "gym motivation friends" will be tough.