Fighting severe morbid obesity

Options

Replies

• rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow!! Your pictures were great and what a difference, such a good job, I'm very proud :) And fantastic smile btw, I was smiling with you at your progress pics!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you are doing great. keep it up.

if you think you are up for it, there is a c25k app. you start running 1 min and walk 90 sec and repeat 8x
    and by the end the goal is to run for a full 30 min (and 5k)
    I was not a runner, I was a walker, and now I am a jogger. working toward being a runner
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Wow OP, that is one hell of a difference! Great job :)

The only thing I can think of is keep it fun and interesting (new recipes, new fitness activities), accept you will have bad days and keep doing what you're doing. Sounds like you've done a great job so far and just imagine how much you can lose if you continue and how great you will feel!
  • ghfull
    ghfull Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are an inspiration to us all.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Frankly, the people who show up saying, "I've always been fat, but now I'm going to be perfect! I've got this! I want friends to support me!" are the people I worry about. People like you, who say, "I'm doing this. It is hard. I worry that I'll screw it up..." I worry less for those people. They're not deluding themselves. IMO, anyway. For most of us, this IS hard!

All the experts say that making lifestyle changes is key, so know that working on them is supposedly better for us. The road you've taken is the one that leads to success. Statistically, anyway. I know I was pleased when I found that out. :)

You've already done what most never do. There is no reason why you can't go all the way to thin. Keep up the good work!!
  • rawl58
    rawl58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW! WOW! You are doing a great job and thank you for the motivation to get myself back in gear and do what needs to be done.
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    HOLY GUACAMOLE YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job! So happy for you! healthy habits pay off :)
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just updating everyone.... i have officially hit the -100 lb mark!!!!!! :):) HALLELUJAH! Ill try to post an updated picture soon!!!!

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see those pics.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,972 Member
    Options
    Just updating everyone.... i have officially hit the -100 lb mark!!!!!! :):) HALLELUJAH! Ill try to post an updated picture soon!!!!

That's awesome! Keep us posted!

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    100 pounds lost is an incredible milestone. You should be so proud! And I hope it's great motivation to keep going too.

I just wanted to say that I read your first comment about wanting to run, too...and please, don't be discouraged if it feels impossible now. Running is exponentially more difficult when you're carrying extra weight, and honestly it's tough on your bones and joints if you're still overweight when you start, and not in a good way. Exercise is important and good for your body but there is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting until you are out of the obese category into overweight or normal BMI before you start to run - there are so many other things you can try besides running that will be kinder to your body. Your knees might thank you for it, actually.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I tried running at like 175-180 pounds and it was great for a few weeks, then my knees said, "Oooowwwch!" So did one hip.

So, I swim my asp off!! It's good for the muscles, great cardio (if you swim hard) and very easy on the joints. And I walk.

When I'm thin, I'm going to try to run again. :)
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    OP I'm not generally known for being too warm n fuzzy, but your post brought a lump to my throat and seeing your update made it even worse!!!

You are killing it girl and doing an amazing job. Please please keep us all updated. You are such an inspiration. Doing the happy snoopy dance for you :):):)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can do it! But remember, all you need is a calorie deficit to lose weight... You don't have to completely restrict yourself from the things you love...
  • pspenny36
    pspenny36 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is great motivation! You are awesome! I too, want to get to that running stage. Just not there yet. I have just started back up on keeping myself in check with eating. Someone did tell me about the couch to 5k is a good training tool to anyone into running. I am gonna try it, soon. hopefully. ;-)
    Thank you for your story!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You are doing really, really well. Congrats on being willing to face the truth and make the changes you need. As far as being afraid you'll slip up, think of it this way: It'll take the same determination tomorrow that it takes today. So, it won't be any harder the longer you keep at it, it'll actually be easier because you'll have more success under your belt and you'll be more sure of yourself.
  • nicola838
    nicola838 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing hunny, will be keeping my eye out on this thread. :)
  • EmCoco1128
    EmCoco1128 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    WLpost_zps9hiboktv.jpg

Im having trouble posting the pictures. Here is a link that I hope works http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll168/emarendt1128/Mobile Uploads/WLpost_zps9hiboktv.jpg
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've lost 126 lbs since the start of this year. I understand the struggles of being morbidly obese and what that entails when it comes to exercise. Feel free to add me for encouragement and support.
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WLpost_zps9hiboktv.jpg

Im having trouble posting the pictures. Here is a link that I hope works http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll168/emarendt1128/Mobile Uploads/WLpost_zps9hiboktv.jpg

Your smile gets bigger every time you take a photo update!! Awesome! You look amazing