Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Isn;'t that what MFP is?
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just use MFP everywhere. So much easier when you can scan. You can even save your recipes on here. Awesome app. But if keeping a physical journal that you have to write out yourself is what's going to keep you at, then do it :)
  • kendecane06
    kendecane06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just use MFP everywhere. So much easier when you can scan. You can even save your recipes on here. Awesome app. But if keeping a physical journal that you have to write out yourself is what's going to keep you at, then do it :)

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    just my logging on mfp. it's easier because my phone is nearly always with me
  • EastCoast13
    EastCoast13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist wants me to log a food journal so I can show her.
    Bump.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Would printing out your food logs from the website be enough or is she asking you to keep track of other things? If you wanted to, you might be able to log anything extra in the notes section.
  • bcolson
    bcolson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yeah, it's pretty easy to print out food logs from MFP--you can select a pretty big date range. Seems a lot easier than writing everything down on paper.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Bump.
    Log your food here, tell your nutritionist to get an account for viewing your diary or you can print your daily diary and show her.

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options

_benjammin wrote: »
    Bump.
    Log your food here, tell your nutritionist to get an account for viewing your diary or you can print your daily diary and show her.
    Right, your nutritionist seems a bit behind the times.
    That's a red flag right there. I have found as a businessman that when people miss it on the simple things, they really miss the mark on whatever is important.

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I just make my food diary public and give my user name to my nutritionist. If he/she can't deal with that, then I need a new nutritionist.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Also..registered dietician usually trumps nutritionist.

But, yes, mfp is a food logging/journal site. Either print the logs out for her or make your diary public so she can view it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I would just print a week or a month at a time and bring it to my trainer. It is super easy to print reports using the website.

But I also have a fitbook for a less detailed food log. Also tracks a few other things. I really like it. Target used to have them but I haven't found one lately. I get mine off Amazon or the fitbook website.
  • EastCoast13
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    I just make my food diary public and give my user name to my nutritionist. If he/she can't deal with that, then I need a new nutritionist.
    Thanks that's what I told Julie today.
  • EastCoast13
    Options
    Bump
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Do you have another question?

As stated above, MyFitnessPal is a food journal so anyone actively using MFP is keeping a food journal. Log what you eat in the Food Diary section. You can then either share your diary with your nutritionist on MFP or just print it out to take it to your appointment.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Thanks that's what I told Julie today.

And what did Julie say to that?
  • EastCoast13
    Options
    She was fine with it. Mom talked to her.