post break up aka "revenge" weight loss

Options
Recently single and not ready to mingle. Looking to shed my access weight and become healthier and happy. Hoping to become the ultimate version of myself for myself.

Replies

• Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    *excess - sorry, had to

"for myself" doesn't go with "revenge"...how old are you?
  • euromuffin83
    euromuffin83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aiming for not only weight loss but self acceptance and self esteem. Weight loss is hard, even more so with a broken heart. Stay strong. Hope someone out there can relate. Good luck to all whatever ur situation may be.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    As long as you are doing it for YOU and not for revenge (which would be childish). I wish you the best.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes, do this for YOU!! Make yourself priority. Drive away stress, and loneliness. Seek out good stimuli, exercise, sleep, rational diet, love and PLAY.
  • vrs_2
    vrs_2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Exercise can be a nice distraction in such matters. The more dedicated to the exercise you become, the more likely you are to tune out other things during. Oh, and before you know it - hey, look at that...I look better in the mirror!

(Just my opinion...)

Chin up buttercup!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you OP.
  • IHAVEPMS247
    IHAVEPMS247 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would suggest the same as vrs_2 and do exercising as part of your weight loss plan. I know that working out when I was depressed after the death of my first husband was not only physically benefiting but also helped with my mental situation. Wishing you success in your weight loss journey!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I went through a divorce earlier this year. I totally feel ya.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Dig two graves...and deposit your fat in said graves.
  • KO2MO3
    KO2MO3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sorry to here about your break up :( I'm on the same boat just depressed and did nothing but eat lol now I have to lose this break up fat some motivation and new friends would be a help :)
  • Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Feel free to add me if you like
  • mhealea
    mhealea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the break up. Been there recently myself. If you need motivation and support feel free to add me.
  • jakehope87
    jakehope87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt, put yourself on strict gym programme and diet and you'll feel amazing. Going through the same as you at the moment. Only good things come out the gym!
  • Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Exercise is definitely a great distraction and helps with state of mind aswell. Do this for you but use what motivation you need, show that guy what he's lost! Also look after yourself, make sure you eat! And treat yourself, I always like to buy something nice for myself whether that be clothes or getting extentions or nails done, something to make you feel good about yourself :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    As long as you are doing it for YOU and not for revenge (which would be childish). I wish you the best.

Agreed. I tried this. Led to an eating disorder and an ex who didn't care that I had lost weight, still didn't make him treat me any better or want me anymore.

But if you are doing this for YOU on the other hand, then good luck! You can do it.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Let's do this whoooooop, again just copied and pasted from another page I wrote on.

I lost 70lbs+ a couple of years ago and maintained it for almost 2years and comfortably and then a bit of a marathon setback knocked my confidence and motivation and suddenly within 6months I'd gained around 3st of it as I just vegged out and barely did anything.

Since then I've decided to go travelling in January so with that in mind I've set myself a target to lose at least 2st as I don't want to be too concious about my body when I'm suppose to be enjoying myself.

I tend to talk a lot of random stuff but hey if you can put up with that then by all means add me.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what the initial reason is . . .but you're not going to stick it out if it's not for you. Good luck OP.
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to focus on being healthy when you're feeling emotional. You want to make sure you are eating and exercising to feel good and be healthy! If you don't mind the question, how much are you looking to lose?
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Definitely way better to lose weight and get fit after a breakup, rather than the alternative. Whatever motivation you can find - use it!
  • PrincessWarior
    PrincessWarior Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Revenge can have a "happy ending". Whatever makes you get up from that couch........GO GIRL.