21 Day Challenge: Eat Your Veggies

Options
They say if you do something 21 days in a row, it will become a habit. So let's hop to it!

For this challenge, start by finding out how many veggies you need to eat every day. You can start here. Post your daily recommendation below (Day 0!) and use today to stock up on all sorts of delicious leafy greens! Then check in every day for 21 days to update us with your progress.

Replies

• julialynnt
    julialynnt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited!

Day 0: I need 2 1/2 cups of veggies every day. I'm sorta bad at eating veggies... so I'd like to use this as a chance to diversify my veggie intake and learn to love some new great stuff.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Great idea!

Day 0: I need 2 cups a day. That should be easy for me. But, I do need more variety....I'm in a bit of a rut.
  • shonqunette
    shonqunette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need 2.5 cups of veggies
  • shonqunette
    shonqunette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    what should we eat? Ideas
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Consider posting in one of the many 21 day fix groups if you want more support/responses.

ETA: Good luck on day 22!!!!!!! zomgies

• TeaBea
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Consider posting in one of the many 21 day fix groups if you want more support/responses.

Um....what? This post isn't anything about the Beach Body program.....Choose My Plate is the link

• TeaBea
    Options

Eat whatever veggies you like....I think this will be interesting to see the different responses. Yesterday I had (raw) snap peas with lunch, and fresh green beans at dinner. Today I ate a whole English cucumber at lunch. Dinner will be broccoli or green beans again.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ohhh goodie!

I'm in
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    I wrote a lot more than that ^ but for some reason only the first two lines are showing. Weird!

I wanted to know if today was to stock up and the challenge starts tomorrow... Or we start logging today.

Regards,
    Tati
  • julialynnt
    Options
    Tati, the idea was to stock up yesterday and start today, but you can do it however you'd like!

Today, I'm having 1 1/2 cups of carrots for lunch and I'm going to make 1 cup of fajita veggies with my burritos this evening. Yum.
  • julialynnt
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

Thanks for the advice! zomgies for real!!

Now I'm imagining zombie veggies... not sure if that was the intent but it's how I read it! Ha!
  • UltimateEscape
    UltimateEscape Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join! I've already stocked up on Monday and I'm looking to stick with eating more veggies and less junky foods. I have just become a fan of Green Vegetable Smoothies. Good Luck Everyone!
  • UltimateEscape
    Options
    I need 2.5 cups of veggies per day. Should we all friend each other in order to keep track of our group???
  • UltimateEscape
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Eat whatever veggies you like....I think this will be interesting to see the different responses. Yesterday I had (raw) snap peas with lunch, and fresh green beans at dinner. Today I ate a whole English cucumber at lunch. Dinner will be broccoli or green beans again.

YUM! We're Veg Nerds!

• tatilove1988
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

Today I'll be eating 1.5 cups of broccoli... Don't know what the other cup will be. Will log that in later.

This challenge is God sent. I really need to up my veggie intake.

How are you guys doing?

Regards,
    Tati
  • jecky74
    jecky74 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I need to up my veggie intake so this challenge is perfect for me! Thank you! Also I have been thinking of trying new things with kale and this is the perfect excuse. I need 2.5 cups. Today that will be salad at dinner and cucumber I had raw for a snack.
  • julialynnt
    Options
    I'm so glad!! I don't think I've ever been so excited to eat veggies. Feel free to friend me to stay connected now and as we keep moving forward!!

P.S. I conquered Day 1. I ate the heck out of those carrots, and had the most delicious burritos EVER for dinner full of peppers.

I get paid tomorrow so I kinda want to try a vegetable I've never had before or make something in a way I've never had it before. I'll keep you in the loop if you keep me in the loop!!
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Do legumes count? I had 2 cups of legumes and half a cucumber.