Super FILLING snack, what's your favorite?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What about good old homemade vegetable soup! (Can you tell it's winter here)
    I totally agree with homemade vegetable soup. It is perfect nutrient dense food(low calories /high in nutrients) Can't go wrong here
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My favorite is ACT 94% fat free popcorn (its a big bag, not a mini bag!) and the whole bag is 130 cals. Top with 0 cals butter spray. Very filling and delicious!
  • bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My FAVE filling snack is:

Red Apple brand: Apple Smoked Gruyere Cheese, 1oz 90cal
    Red Grapes, chilled and halved 1/2C 40-60cal, each grape has about 3.5cal
    Special K Crackers, 17 90 cal

The cheese comes in a square, I half the square, half each half, and then half again. I end up with a narrow strip of cheese. I then slice this into many little rectangles. I'll take 1 piece of cheese and eat it with one cracker and just savor it. Then I'll pop a grape or 2 in. Delish! It is definitely more cals than many snacks, but it works for me as I often have a very low calorie lunch. Drink a glass of water with it and you'll be full for days :)
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    12 oz glass of V8 is 75 calories and easy to sip on..
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    This taste so good, and is balanced, carb, protein and good fat.
    Image058_resize.jpg

1 apple cut up
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
    10-15 almonds chopped
    some raisons (optional)
  • ag23c
    ag23c Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 cups of diced watermelon only has 92 calories. All that liquid is really filling, not to mention that watermelon is delicious!
  • karlafales
    karlafales Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Special K whole grain crackers and 1 wedge of laughing cow herb cheese - yum... and it takes a while to eat so you feel there is more there than what the calories show....24 crackers and one wedge
  • karlafales
    karlafales Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    what are the calories in this ? Do you use the snack size bags?
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    carrots and salsa (for a low cal, filling snack)
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    Watermelon with lemon. You can also juice them together and add some ginger. So delicious!
  • dikent
    dikent Posts: 24
    Options
    small organic gala apple with 2 Tbsp. of natural peanut butter - best snack ever (and very filling - sometimes I eat it as a light meal)
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    Other than the carrots, apples, peanut butter, and oatmeal which were already mentioned.... I like to take 3 slices of turkey breast (sandwich meat) and roll up one wedge of laughing cow cheese inside. It's only 95 calories, contains11 grams of protein and only 1gm of sugar, and it takes the edge off the hunger for me. :flowerforyou:

I love doing the same, and adding in some thin cucumber slices. It adds a great crunch!
  • 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38
    Options
    The post about oats made me remember a recipe I used to use on 6 week body makeover that was wonderful.

Granola

◦1 cup Splenda
    ◦½ cup water
    ◦¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    ◦1 tablespoon maple or vanilla extract (I use 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon almond extract, 1 teaspoon imitation butter extract.)
    ◦4 cups quick oats (I use ½ quick oats and ½ old-fashioned. I liked the texture of the combination.)

Pre-heat oven to 275°. Combine Splenda, water, cinnamon and extract(s) in a large bowl until Splenda is dissolved. Add oats and combine until you have clumps. Pour oat mixture onto two non-stick cookie sheets and sprinkle clumps evenly. Bake 60 minutes, until golden.

It comes out sweet and crunchy. Then I would bag it up in individual serving sizes.

Sounds good :) I'll have to try that one

I like to snack on
    Baby Carrots dipped in Salsa
    Scrambled Egg ( I use one whole egg with 1/4 cup egg creations)
    Apple Slices with 1-2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
    Strawberries or bananas with yogurt and almonds (mixed together)
    Raw baby spinach with low cal poppyseed dressing and grilled chicken
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    One more that's a new favorite:

1/3 cup Greek Yogurt + 1 or 2 tsp of ranch dressing seasoning mix (almost calorie free). I dip carrots, peppers, or cauliflower in it instead of Ranch dressing.