adipex Over weight Support!

Options
2»

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

I didn't read the rest of the thread so if I'm repeating what someone else has said I do apologize! Diet sodas, diet ANYTHING are so unhealthy. The artificial sweeteners trick your body into thinking you've consumed sugar, and in turn your body releases insulin. But then the insulin doesn't have the glucose to process, and your body says, "Whoa! Too much insulin in the blood! We need more sugar to get rid of this insulin!" So your body then tells the brain you need sugar, which in turn makes you crave something sweet. This cycle repeats over and over and eventually your body produces less and less insulin, which leaves sugar in your blood. This cycle can actually MAKE a person diabetic. I know this because it's exactly how my mother became diabetic.

In addition, aspartame is a neurotoxin. It changes your brain chemistry. It can kill you. I know this because it was a major contributing factor in my mother's sudden and unexpected death one year ago. She had an addiction to diet Peach Snapple.

Sugar is NOT the enemy. It needs to be moderated and monitored. Natural sugars (found in food without being added like fruits and some vegetables) are fine. Refined sugars are ok IN MODERATION. If you want to have ONE soda, go for it. Just don't make it a diet soda.

Good luck and I hope you meet your goals!

No.....just no...Aspertame is NOT a neurotoxin, and it does not make you diabetic.....Google is not research.....
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    NCRawGirl wrote: »
    Your adrenals are your adrenal glands. The glands that regulate adrenaline/cortisol and thyroid hormone function. When they burn out, your thyroid levels get messed up, your sleep gets messed up, your cortisone (stress hormone) gets messed up. Basically you pack on weight like nobody's business...and it takes FOREVER to heal. I've been doing supplement therapy for a year now and I'm still not close to recovered. They have cortisone therapy as well, but cortisone stresses the adrenals long term so not choosing that was a no brainer. Basically my body no longer handles stress at all, I'm exhausted all the time, I can't sleep without massive sleep medication. My adrenine spikes at 3am and I will wake up feeling like I've sprinted a 5k and cannot go back to sleep. Stimulants the worsen the recovery, so that's why I had to stop taking it (I can't even have a cup of coffee anymore) in retrospect I should have NEVER started taking it as I had adrenal exhaustion symptoms before my first dose but a lot of doctors are clueless about adrenal function. If you want to learn more than you ever want to know about adrenals/thyroid/hormones and how they all play an integral part of our health and weight loss, Drlam.com is the most comprehensive website I have found to date. There is a plethora of information there.

And Dr Lam is a SCAM. Yes, that rhymes so it should be easy to remember.

Adrenal Fatigue? Here's what an actual *credible source* (The Mayo Clinic) has to say about adrenal fatigue. It's the next hottest malady because gluten intolerance is *so* yesterday. <rolls eyes>

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/addisons-disease/expert-answers/adrenal-fatigue/faq-20057906

• z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i just got my results back from the Dr and my cholestrol is slightly elevated :(. i dont eat meat so i dont underatand and it scares me my dad passed away at age 40 with a heart attack:( i am trying so hard to make a lifestyle change but i need help support and ideas on what i can and can not eat! Help!!!!!

I was diagnosed with high cholesterol within the last month too. Lots of what I've read (and been told on here) points to diet having a limited impact on your cholesterol, and lifestyle changes such as exercising being key. Maybe as part of your lifestyle changes, add or increase your exercise? Even if you start with walks, get moving some!
  • MissYatta90
    MissYatta90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hey guys and gals I would love to have support from people who understand where im coming from. Im 30 yrs old and have had yo-yo weight my whole life i started counting calories about a month ago and have lost 7lbs. I went to the dr the other day and got put on adipex Day #4 so far! but weighing 263 i have a ways to go. Any advice would be much appriecated :)

I have taken adipex in the past, and although it did help to jump start my weight loss, it was not my cup of tea. As another poster stated, once I came off my hunger was out of control. I am just now trying to get it back in order. I could only take half a pill because if I took a whole I was up all night and my mouth was practically the Sahara desert. I could not get enough water in me to keep from having dry mouth. Adipex does suppress your appetite. It is good in the respect. Some days I had to force myself to eat because I did not want anything. It also gave me a boost of energy, but warning if you take it after 9:00 am, you might not get any sleep if your body reacts to it the way mine did.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    hey guys and gals I would love to have support from people who understand where im coming from. Im 30 yrs old and have had yo-yo weight my whole life i started counting calories about a month ago and have lost 7lbs. I went to the dr the other day and got put on adipex Day #4 so far! but weighing 263 i have a ways to go. Any advice would be much appriecated :)

You say you lost 7 pounds just by counting calories? Why are you using this weight loss drug when you've already proven to yourself you can lose weight without it?

I will tell you the truth: the drug will work only if you eat less calories than you burn, but it won't work if you eat at a surplus. This means the drug has nothing at all to do with whether you lose weight or not.

My advice is to throw away the drug and continue eating at a calorie deficit. :)