Options
Tyrsma
Tyrsma Posts: 3 Member
and more Zucchini......what to do with it all

Replies

• ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Zucchini lasagna (using the zucchini in place of noodles)... Zoodles! Chocolate chip walnut cookies with shredded zucchini (google 'zucchini cookies'), zucchini bread, roll up lunch meat and cheese in strips of zucchini, give some to your dog (for some reason one of my dogs goes crazy for it!)
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    sliced steamed zucchini
    baked zucchini (cut into strips, toss in a bowl with evo/spices and bake) or (with tomato sauce and cheese) or (sliced and breaded and bake)
    spiral cut it and make zucchini noodles (eat cold or hot, yum)
    saute with summer squash and onions

• sheryl792
    sheryl792 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just bought a veggito pro ... cuts anything such as zucchini into spiral cuts like spaghetti.
    I got it at Rite Aid on clearance for $12. It's pretty nifty and cool to make an 'old' into a 'new'!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I make zucchini meatballs, zucchini burgers, zucchini chicken nuggets, zucchini chili, and pureed zucchini soup that can be frozen.
  • 3stepsahead
    3stepsahead Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    zucchini brownies <3
  • jenny32373
    jenny32373 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use the zucchini noodle maker all of the time too... I don't even miss the pasta!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    zucchini lasagna
    zucchini muffins
    grilled zucchini
    zucchini noodles
    baked zucchini boats
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Roast it! It will shrink a lot in size.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I posted a recipe a while back called heavenly squash casserole. Very good and have given the recipe many times.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    get a spiralizer. google it. its makes like noodles. you can use up a lot of zucchini this way. i use it like pasta or in a stir fry dish. so good. it just sort of adapts whatever flavor you put it with.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Having a abundance of zucchini right now and found this on www.allrecipes.com
    Husband wants to eat for breakfast.......

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch panChange Servings
    4 cups sliced yellow squash or zucchini
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    35 buttery round crackers, crushed.. I used Ritz
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    2 eggs, beaten
    3/4 cup milk
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1 teaspoon salt
    ground black pepper to taste
    2 tablespoons butter
    Check All Add to Shopping List
    Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.

In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
    Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Nutritional Information
    Yellow Squash Casserole
    Serving Size: 1/10 of a recipe
    Servings Per Recipe: 10
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 196
    Calories from Fat: 133
    % Daily Value *Total Fat14.8g23 %Saturated Fat7.7g39 %Cholesterol74mg25 %Sodium463mg19 %Potassium191mg5 %Total Carbohydrates10.3g3 %Dietary Fiber1.3g5 %Protein6.1g12 %** Sugars1.7gVitamin A10 %Vitamin C8 %Calcium17 %
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Google zucchini recipes! There are tons. Or try healthy zucchini recipes...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Skinny taste also has her 35 best zucchini recipes (and they're all awesome!)
    Try the zucchini boats. I freeze everything, but haven't tried freezing any of the boats yet, but they never last long in my house!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/07/35-skinny-zucchini-recipes.html?m=1
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I put it in my smoothies everyday
  • fasheesha16
    fasheesha16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I pan fried it with olive oil and season all salt. My first time with it and it was amazing! This weekend I'm going to try zucchini bread. My neighbors have me a while bunch of it so I'm going to try different things with it. Never tried zucchini until this year. I'm glad I finally did though
  • debradsw
    debradsw Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    1ig8bbcr7if6.jpg

Baked zucchini tomato casserole. Not really a recipe. Could be easily adapted with what you have available. Spiralized zucchini and yellow squash. Lightly salted in strainer to get rid of excess liquid. Then put in baking dish. Topped with maybe half cup spaghetti sauce, small amount Parmesan. Chopped tomatoes. Season to your choosing. I used some garlic powder, fresh basil , fresh oregano. Baked at 350 til tender, hot and bubbly. Delicious!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Zucchini bread/muffins/cake!!! Zoodles!! (Had them for dinner tonight with homemade pesto, soooo good). Zucchini chips, panko crusted baked "fries" fritters, pancakes, the list goes on and on!