A year to lose 4 stone?

Options
I have 13 months till my wedding n I want to lose 4 stone.. 15 down to 11. Is it possible and any tips please. I'm allowing myself one eat and drink what you want day every month :)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    56 lbs / 56 weeks should be possible if you get cracking. Aim for 2 lbs/week to start and reduce as you go.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Very do-able if you start now. I am 3 stone down since the beginning of March. Good luck.
  • becsPeacock85
    becsPeacock85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh the same as you and I'm wanting to loose at least 3 stone. I think it's achievable! Good luck :-)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It's refreshing to see someone with an actual realistic goal asking that question. Yes you can.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It's possible (and possible to do in a healthy way) but it's going to be a heck of a lot easier if you start now, because even a pound a week is going to require dedication and consistency, and the longer you put it off, the more difficult it's going to get (and it's also worth keeping in mind that, the more you lose, the harder it tends to get to keep losing unless you continually ramp up exercise and re-evaluate your calorie goals. So the first 30 or 40 pounds are going to be easier than the last 10-20.)
  • Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is my aim and timescale also. Good luck!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »
    I have 13 months till my wedding n I want to lose 4 stone.. 15 down to 11. Is it possible and any tips please. I'm allowing myself one eat and drink what you want day every month :)

Yes you can, I did

But your idea of a cheat day once a month wouldn't work for me at all...I chose to work my calorie defecit across the week and work in all foods I love so no need to cheat

That also gives you a great system for maintenance ..because you don't want to get fat again after the wedding :tired_face:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Very doable! I did 52 pounds in 52 weeks. It was actually slightly less than that--started Jan. 2 and finished mid-December. That was with taking several one week breaks when I ate at maintenance plus a 10 day break when I ate whatever at Disney.