226 to 160 - been feeling down lately, needing some encouragement!

Options
I have been at a stand still for about a month- but I'm starting to think maybe I was just gaining muscle and losing fat - I started a new, active job and all!

I just wanted to do another check in and see how far i've come, and that I'm not just standing still. I got a fitbit this last week, and I love it! I lost 2 pounds last week.

49p3y6mh7gle.jpg
April

f3upzwylxokm.jpg
August (no idea why I look so unhappy!)

yh7cdhr8hj1n.jpg
April

rnakhbovixfp.jpg
August

o08ytbrqsyio.jpg
April

je9g7f9mipv9.jpg
August (not really the same view, but I'm actually supposed to be getting ready for work - no time :P )

The difference between the photos is 7 pounds, but I have definitely gotten stronger and gained some muscle. I'm 5'8" and vat my original goal weight. :) I'm going to be working on losing another 10 or 15 lbs.

good luck everyone! I started my journey at the very end of 2013 and it has been a long process!

Replies

• annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic - well done on all your hard work
  • tayortoeknee
    tayortoeknee Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Treasureslide
    Treasureslide Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love your weight at 160 I am the same height, and 155 is my goal, currently 196.2 . Inspiring thanks for sharing.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! Thanks so much for sharing, very inspirational! Hope you are encouraged by the above comments!
  • tayortoeknee
    Options
    Thanks! old habits are coming back but I'm so glad to have this community...instead of following the same paths from before, I can work on nipping it in the bud. :)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Great job. Evey on has little sjip ups. You can over come them and not let turn into habits again.
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 too can I ask what your routine was/is?
  • tayortoeknee
    Options
    Well I have sort of fallen off the wagon now, and I'm just fixing it now, but I try to do a workout from fitness blender at least every other day. I logged pretty faithfully - I took a few months break two times. I took progress pictures and that really helped. It was just about time and patience!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!