How did you get introduced to MyFitnessPal?

Options
Out of random curiosity I'd like to know how you came across this app! :) My mom kept bugging me to join so I finally did and loved it ever since LOL. Go moms! And go FitnessPal!

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Just the opposite with me. My daughter told me about MFP.

70044776.png
  • JackieWalks
    JackieWalks Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My brother in law
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended that I track every bite/sip religiously on here as part of an emergency attempt to get out of Morbidly Obese status.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Googled calorie counting sites...then I noticed the INSANE amount of traffic on the forums that are mostly women wanting to lose weight, so this place is a playful prankster's wet dream...
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My sister first told me about it & then one of my friends kept posting her success with this app on FB.
  • smtaylo85
    smtaylo85 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    my older brother.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Came across it when searching for Protein powders on line.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I didn't know it existed until Tim, a guy who regularly comes to our geek club commenting on my Facebook, recommending it when I posted a status discussing the results of a study which showed that people who log their food intake are better at weight control. At the time I was two weeks in to keeping a pen and paper diary.

Not knowing what to expect I popped in for a look and have been hooked and successfully logging and losing ever since. That was five months ago.

Tim, strangely enough, seems to be the same weight or bigger. He believed so strongly in it that he persuaded me, but for some reason it didn't work for him *shrugs*.
  • Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    Searched the Amazon App store for something that I could track fitness with, this looked good so I bought it.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Google
  • __KailahBooBoo___
    __KailahBooBoo___ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    I didn't know it existed until Tim, a guy who regularly comes to our geek club commenting on my Facebook, recommending it when I posted a status discussing the results of a study which showed that people who log their food intake are better at weight control. At the time I was two weeks in to keeping a pen and paper diary.

Not knowing what to expect I popped in for a look and have been hooked and successfully logging and losing ever since. That was five months ago.

Tim, strangely enough, seems to be the same weight or bigger. He believed so strongly in it that he persuaded me, but for some reason it didn't work for him *shrugs*.
    Hmmm interesting! I wonder why...maybe he was trying to just maintain his weight lol. I used to journal my food on a notepad too!! Until I cane across this! Man, it's great!
  • __KailahBooBoo___
    Options
    Google
    Lol!
  • __KailahBooBoo___
    Options
    neuro recommended it
    What is that?

• __KailahBooBoo___
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    My nutritionist recommended that I track every bite/sip religiously on here as part of an emergency attempt to get out of Morbidly Obese status.
    Oh nice! How has it been working for you?

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I was reading a parents magazine and they recommend this site and here I am...
  • SurelyShannon
    SurelyShannon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I googled weight loss programs and this one came up along with spark people, but I liked the lay out of MFP
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    a random web search for calorie tracking
  • CTnicktellis
    CTnicktellis Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Learned about it in a personal trainer course. I used old school method (pen & pad) but recently decided to give this a shot.
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    My cousin Carlee was on here and I saw her progress and eventually her happiness. So I signed up.