Alcohol ....

Options
I'm sure this has been address but I missed it ... Does alcohol inhibit weight loss .. Cause this week I've been getting sauced this week!! Must be the memorial weekend that I don't want to end

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I think it is different for different people. For me, it is not something I can have if I want to lose weight. *sigh*
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I think it is different for different people. For me, it is not something I can have if I want to lose weight. *sigh*

Here too. :sad: :sad:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Here too. :sad: :sad:

Yeah, this revelation is probably why I have been in a horrible mood this week. :explode: Facing reality bites!
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    Unfortunately alcohol is high in calories and many drinks (i.e. beer and wine) are also high in carbohydrates... on top of that, it's a diuretic so it promotes water loss. Alcohol even slows down the capacity of your body to burn off fats, since your liver works much harder to metabolize alcohol than it does to metabolize ordinary foods/drinks. You'll have to be very careful in trying to incorporate alcohol into a diet, but good luck!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I will allocate calories if I have enough below 1200 for beer or wine but I have limited myself to 2-3 glasses a week.
    For example I had 400+ calories left over so I opted to have a beer, plus I'm still below my total calories for the day.

It's hard to cut it out completely when there's a kegerator with 4 beers on tap in my garage.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I had 3 glasses of wine last week. not all at the same time and lost 2 lbs, the week before i had a few vodka juice mixes and lost 4 lbs. I was counting my calories though.
  • crazylyma
    crazylyma Posts: 9
    Options
    From experience I can tell you that if you dont watch it you will gain weight. Let me tell you...In 2005 I was 245lbs.....and thru diet...being active and drinking was not in the picture....I was able to lose 100lbs by 2007. It was like it was effortless. In Jan 2009 I lost my job and my boyfriend and turned to booze for comfort.....by March of 2010 I had gained all 100 lbs back.
    I dont think that I increased my eating that much...but my activity came to a halt. My self esteem plunged. On my Birthday of 2009 I got a DUI. Then in Oct of 2009 I got another DUI. I lost my DL. The moral of the story is drink repsonsibly. The worst thing is that I had to go to county jail twice. I was on my way to losing weight...being active...walking...dieting...felt great. Then....bam...a year later the courts decided I had to go to jail. Jail is no place to lose weight! I was in there for 20 days and gained all I lost from walking. I dont mean to give you my lifes story...and Im not saying I dont drink anymore. Just saying...if you want to drink you have to make sure it fits in your calories. Having a few drinks can take up a days calories.....dont sacrifice alcohol for food....the booze will turn in to surgar then turn to fat. Since I joined fitnesspal....a little over a month ago Ive lost 11 lbs....and that includes drinks. its imprortant that you incorperate some activity. Good Luck. Look at my daily intake...its public.

Kristine