Garmin Vivofit

Options
I have a Garmin Vivofit and I've used it for awhile. Recently I connected it with MFP. But I'm confused as to the "Garmin Connect Calorie Adjustment". For instance, today I have excercise and burnt 708 calories. I synced my vivofit (7,127 steps) and my calorie adjustment is -275. I figured the activity recorded from my vivofit would ADD to my total calories burned during excercise....but it doesnt. MFP took the 275 (adjustment) FROM my total calories burned during excercise....so my total calories burned isn't 708....it is 433. Can someone explain this reasoning to me?

Replies

• amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have vivofit 2 ...any step based exercises dont need to be put into mfp because the garmin is counting them.make sure you are using the correct time when logging on mfp ...not sure why you are getting a negative though .i do know when i log exercises on mfp my vivofit will only give me the difference in burn depending on steps sometimes i have 15000 steps with 0 calorie burn ( because of workout burns) sometimes i have 20000 steps and get 270 (because didnt account for all exercise on mfp) sorry if i confused you