Down 15 lbs!

Options
I love fitness pal. I have been able to lose weight when I track everything honestly. It's such a great tool! I have 75 more to lose to get me in the normal weight range. But I'm focusing on one day and one pound at a time.

Replies

• lauralash1024
    lauralash1024 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Keep up the good work!!!! :)
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!!! :smiley:
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Way to go-congrats on your success!!! You can & will reach your goal!!!
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well done, Keep going!
  • beckypierce1
    beckypierce1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    THANKS!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    15 is a great start! You will get to your goal!!!!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    This made me smile!

Back in January, I had asked my doctors how I was supposed to lose 60 pounds with my medications and sedentary/ bedrest life. One of them looked me sternly in the eye and simply said "one pound at a time." That was it. It was so simple and easy that I could do it!

And a lightbulb went off in my head. Why focus at all on the total? I can lose 1 pound. I KNOW I can lose 1 pound. 60 pounds who knows if I can or can't, but 1 pound I can do. Each day I wake up, look at my food choices, and think if I am going towards my goal or away from my goal. My goal? Lose 1 pound. It is manageable to me. I lose 1 pound, and then I repeat. Over and over and over again.

Just thought I'd let you know I am 45 pounds down with 15 more to go. And the one day at a time one pound at a time approach is still working wonders some 8 months later. I will also say that many comment that it gets harder as you have less and less to lose. For me losing the first pound took as much effort as the 44th pound. Totally doable!

Congratulations on your success!

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!