Pcos!!! looking for a weightloss buddy

Options
Hello! I am a 25 yr old female from Sarasota, FL. I have been overweight and suffering from pcos since I was 16. I am now ready to take control over my life and loss weight before the dream of motherhood becomes a thing of the past. My last known weight was 240lbs, I will be weighing myself next Monday 8/17/15 to get a more accurate weight. I am not doing any kind of fad diet. I am simply eating real food ( not junk food, no drinking my calories and eating more fruits and veggies) and moderate exercise. I am hoping to find individuals that have similar weightloss goals to support and motivate each other.

Replies

• geekysciencenerd
    geekysciencenerd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the same thing! Let's be friends!
  • jacquebeavs
    jacquebeavs Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Looking for the same! I've known about my PCOS for about 6 years. Weight gain has NOT helped at all! Maybe we can support each other!

@geekysciencenerd @queentash2014
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have pcos too! Feel free to add me.
  • carrieannetrip
    carrieannetrip Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have pcos too. Add me. :)
  • slatonkimberly
    slatonkimberly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sent all you ladies a request
  • Millymollymandi
    Millymollymandi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No pcos but very similar weight loss target - will friend-request you all, please feel free to do the same with me :)
  • skulkidlai
    skulkidlai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi i would like to add you all ladies :) i am also diagnosed with pcos ( i couldnt remember my first diagnosis if it was in senior high school or college). It sucks big time that sometimes you dont eat alot yet you gain something or you try losing weight but its so slow or you have a plateu. Im also hoping to meet friends for support and motivate each other
  • queentash2014
    queentash2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much for your responses. I am also very new to this site and learning how it works. I may be a little slow to respond until I get it down. I appreciate all the adds and look forward to burning some pounds with you all lol.
  • adriennefaulk
    adriennefaulk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it too! Feel free to add me ladies. I also have hypothyroidism. I've manage to lose nearly 26 pounds in 2 months . I plan on making my diary plublic so it's no secret lol
  • janekoke
    janekoke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got the same diagnosis too, a bit late. My doctors recommended weight loss surgery so I had a bypass 2 months ago and my bloody ovaries are fighting that too (plus have fibroids now too!!) Feel free to add me.
  • JasmineAmber3
    JasmineAmber3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey I've also got pcos and need to lose around 70lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • Gibson_89
    Gibson_89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and am looking to lose around 50ish pounds. Definitely going to need some support. Please add me as well :)
  • misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me I also have pcos and hyperparathyroidism . ive so far gone from 217 lbs to 164lbs, im 10lbs off my goal ,but I need friends to keep me going, as ive been up and downing like a yoyo.
  • AlyssaMcSchooler
    AlyssaMcSchooler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    26, have Struggled with PCOS 11 years ready to Live With PCOS... A buddy would be wonderful...
  • hibz90
    hibz90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey girls. I am 25. I'm looking for the same thing. Let's be friends.
    I got diagnosed with pcos 2 years ago and I lost 30 lbs on my first 4 months then I got stick especially with me being stressed after that and got diagnosed with artherisis, so I had to stop for a little bit gained 5 lbs. Today, I'm officially restarting. I just had my berry yogurt smoothie. Looking forward to meeting you all . :)
  • ionahaynes
    ionahaynes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies was diagnosed with pcos last year November after having many issue for years. I want to lost around 5 stone, would love the support x
  • Niyahdenise
    Niyahdenise Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have paid as well, add me as a friend . And we can support each other
  • ldmcelhaney8
    ldmcelhaney8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello =) I'm 25 and have had PCOS for 10 years. Today is day 15 for me since having started following very strict PCOS-specific dietary guidelines. I've done a ton of research and have a wonderful doctor. So far I've lost 13 pounds, and am excited for the future!

I'd love to share this journey with you all! From failures and successes to tips and recipes, let's battle this together! Feel free to add me and I'll add you back!
  • candiceven
    candiceven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pcos here as well! Though I can happily say my son will be turning one in a month, so it is not impossible!

I'm looking for a support buddy too..I have gained a LOT of weight since my pregnancy and have 100 lbs to lose...
  • fetch_native
    fetch_native Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had pcos for a very long time and had all the symptoms and didn't notice until I gained 40lbs in 2 years after being 115 for so long. I also noticed I started growing hairs on my baby toes and my back hair got thicker and thicker within a month. I would really like to be healthy again and need some help from women also with pcos. Add me please