Aspiring Vegatarian.

Options
Hi! I've been slowly cutting out meat out of my meals. Wondering if you guys had any good recommendations for veggie meat? or good filling recipes with no meat to get ideas.

Or lists of places with good veggie options when eating out!

Thanks a ton. Xoxox

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Places that serve omelets or fried eggs. Also Mexican places sometimes have bean dishes that do not have lard or such.
    http://veganfoodlover.com/vegan-options-chilis/
  • EXNING
    EXNING Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Mushrooms are a great alternative! Jackfruit is also a great alternative and can be made just like pulled pork, the recipes online are fairly easy. As long as you eat them sparingly, meat alternatives like Tofurky sausages and tempeh bacon are also very tasty
  • Vegankid192
    Vegankid192 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Go Vegan.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Seitan, tempeh and tofu can be used as protein sources to replace meat. I haven't tried the jackfruit yet but heard it's really good. One of my new favorites is Portobello mushroom fajitas. You can find so many recipes on Pinterest to experiment with. Good Luck! I've been a vegetarian for a long time and don't miss meat at all.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I know that black beans have a fair amount of protein and I've even had "hamburger" patties made from them. Plus they are delicious.

Edit: Just saw that you are from Canada... Lick's Nature Burgers FTW!!! You can even buy them pre-made and frozen. I like them even better than their Homeburgers!
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Indian places always have delicious vegetarian options (not sure about the calorie content though, from restaurant/take-away places as I tend to make my own).

I would suggest you avoid the "easy vegetarian route" with fake meats (like soy burgers etc), and focus on more natural food (more delicious too).