I'm one of you now. Advise me.

Options
2»

Replies

• hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have never stayed at maintenance, slipping and falling, so when I make it I will

1. Keep logging
    2. Keep checking items on scale
    3. Do not trust that you can guesstimate and slip further and further away. (my big downfall)

What The Crap? someone flagged me for abuse??? on this??? Well dang so freakin sorry

I am pretty sure they thought they marked "like". Many people make this mistake. There was nothing to flag on your post. MFP should really introduce "like" for people to use.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    hugheseva wrote: »
    I have never stayed at maintenance, slipping and falling, so when I make it I will

1. Keep logging
    2. Keep checking items on scale
    3. Do not trust that you can guesstimate and slip further and further away. (my big downfall)

What The Crap? someone flagged me for abuse??? on this??? Well dang so freakin sorry

I am pretty sure they thought they marked "like". Many people make this mistake. There was nothing to flag on your post. MFP should really introduce "like" for people to use.

I'm not sure I buy that because I have flagged a post for abuse and it takes you to a screen where you have to input why you're flagging it and everything. But I wouldn't worry about it. I've picked up 10 of them myself, some from threads where everyone got flagged.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    stay on top of it, don't let it go further than 2 or 3 lbs. I have gained 10 after maintaining 3 yrs. I let it go up 3 lbs, 5,6, then all of a sudden it is 10. Working on it now but weight is sneaky. Don't get complacent like I did. Really have to be cautious.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    It took about 11 months, but I've finally lost 70 pounds! I went from a BMI of 32.3 to 21. I plan to recomp now.

Please tell me:

1. Your best advice for keeping slim
    2. Your biggest maintenance pitfall
    3. How quickly you brought your daily calorie intake up to maintenance level

Thanks!

CONGRATS!
    1. Best advice for staying healthy is continue to set goals for yourself. ie. shift focus from losing weight to completing a 5k or body definition etc
    2. Mindset - Maint is a lot more taxing mentally imho. There's a lot of perception which needs to transition from losing to maint. Becoming aware of this should ease the process a bit
    3. I didn't. I just consumed more of my alloted exercise calories up to my new TDEE.

Good luck!