Does mixing (shaking) my protein powder count as ...

Options
... strength training? Who needs a shaker weight when you have a blender bottle used to mix the powder! I can not stand lumpy unmixed protein powder drinks. It takes a full 5 minutes or more of profuse agitation to get the powder to un-lump.

What other menial tasks such as this do we do that count as a form of exercise?

Replies

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lol ........ you might want to change your protein :D
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I use a mixer bottle for my Sunwarrior Clasic Raw Vegan protein powder. I mix it for a minute and it's never clumpy are grainy. I agree with the person above who said look for another protein powder.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    liquid first- then powder- if you put the powder in and then pour the liquid on top you'll be there all day.

• datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What protein are you using? I'm using Gnc ripped and oPrimal nutrition gold standard both with blender bottles and both take less than 30-45 seconds at most to be completely dissolved... Clumpy protein is a sign of protein that isn't pure.. At least that's what I was told
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    ON only takes like 10 seconds to be dissolved enough
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I thought there was some rule about you're only allowed to shake it 3 times.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    ON only takes like 10 seconds to be dissolved enough

Yep, ON is a great protein powder. Good taste and dissolves easily.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ew what protein do you use?

If anything, mix it then stick it in the fridge before your workout then drink it after. Should be broken down enough when you shake it before consuming after your workout. At least you can do that until you get other protein powder.

I work in supplements and have 15 different proteins on my shelf. Some are better than others.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Water, then powder, then the ball. I shake mine maybe 10 seconds and done, but I use Bariatric Fusion and Bariatric Advantage. I dunno about others, but clumpy is not appetizing.

When I sweep the floors at home, and I sweep them a lot because of the dog and cat, I dance around like I'm Ginger Friggin Rogers. I'm sure I look like I'm having a seizure. ;) Wait, tell me you know who Ginger Rogers is. If not, think Beyonce... only less graceful. Ya know, like a yak would be less graceful than a ballerina doing the cha cha.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    jwaynec1 wrote: »

What other menial tasks such as this do we do that count as a form of exercise?
    Sex
  • jwaynec1
    jwaynec1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What protein are you using? I'm using Gnc ripped and oPrimal nutrition gold standard both with blender bottles and both take less than 30-45 seconds at most to be completely dissolved... Clumpy protein is a sign of protein that isn't pure.. At least that's what I was told
    I am using Pure Protein> I have a blender bottle and I always put the liquid first then the powder. I then shake and shake (vigorously) and still down some lumps.

I guess I will have to look for a different powder but I am scared of all the different tastes. My Pure Protein is chocolate flavored and does a decent job of making it tolerable. Guess I'll try another brand next time.

Thank you all for your input! But If I find one that mixes better, then I loose that exercise!?

• jwaynec1
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I wish!

• jwaynec1
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Water, then powder, then the ball. I shake mine maybe 10 seconds and done, but I use Bariatric Fusion and Bariatric Advantage. I dunno about others, but clumpy is not appetizing.

When I sweep the floors at home, and I sweep them a lot because of the dog and cat, I dance around like I'm Ginger Friggin Rogers. I'm sure I look like I'm having a seizure. ;) Wait, tell me you know who Ginger Rogers is. If not, think Beyonce... only less graceful. Ya know, like a yak would be less graceful than a ballerina doing the cha cha.
    Oh, yeah, I know who she is! But, I'm definitely no Fred. Love your analogy!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I use myprotein impact whey - I only need to shake it for 10 seconds and there are never any lumps! Buy better quality powder.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Try this : Mix your protein with the minimal amount of water first, about 1:2 ratio, and mix that with a sideways motion (not up and down) until you get a slurry. I actually use a glass and whip when at home. The thickness will help break up the lumps. Then add water to the slurry until desired consistency.

I actually started doing that for hot cocoa, but it works really well for protein powder too.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Thank you, Tinkle Fairy.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be an informercial, but I use a Magic Bullet blender and it works perfectly.
    I'm not sure if that's practical for your purposes, but that's my process.