Resistance Bands workouts

Options
Vixyb_
Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
Hi,

I have been given some resistance bands from a friend to try out. I was wondering if anyone uses these to workout that can give me a few exercises to try out. I was also wondering what success people have had using these?

I want to tone and be leaner so I mainly do cardio and am a big fan of running four times a week but could do with some additional exercises to help tone me up.

Thanks!

Victoria xxxx

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to work the lower body properly with bands to do the basics like squats, lunges & deadlifts. Consider investing in a pair of adjustable dumbbells.
    Also see the post here on "toning"
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10229692/toning-is-a-deception/p1
  • Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks cherimoose xx
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with cherimoose here. Lower body workouts with a resistance band are not difficult. For basic squats, put the band under your feet, holding each end of the band place you hands shoulder high (like starting a military press) and squat. You can easily go from squat to press in one exercise rep. For lunges, band and hands in the same position, and lunge, (forward or back). deadlfits might not be effective unless you can shorten the band to use its full effect. There are also a full range of body weight exercises that are very effective. Google or Bing Body Weight Exercises to find them.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    I have to disagree with cherimoose here. Lower body workouts with a resistance band are not difficult. For basic squats, put the band under your feet, holding each end of the band place you hands shoulder high (like starting a military press) and squat. You can easily go from squat to press in one exercise rep. For lunges, band and hands in the same position, and lunge, (forward or back). deadlfits might not be effective unless you can shorten the band to use its full effect. There are also a full range of body weight exercises that are very effective. Google or Bing Body Weight Exercises to find them.

If you are familiar with Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping (FXB for short), they use bands exclusively for upper and lower body workouts. Rings may be better than bands for some lower body stuff like inner and outer thighs.
  • lamanuel91
    lamanuel91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey send my workouts so I can try new things