Jawbone or fitbit in the purse?

Options
I have been using the Jawbone to manage my weight and keep my steps at a certain average. When I dress up and go out I like to wear nice bracelets -- no Hamster tracker. But it bugs me that I don't record all those event steps. Anyone try anything else ?- another product ? I thought of putting it in my purse, but guessing that wouldn't work.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You could always try putting your UP in your purse.

Both Fitbit & Jawbone make activity trackers that clip to your bra or slip in a pocket.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll experiment; one day go for 3 mile walk with it on my wrist and then do the same walk with it in my purse and see how they compare.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I put my Fitbit One in a purse or bag or pocket quite often and it seems to work. I obviously don't count my steps all day so don't know exactly how accurate it is, but it looks like it's about right.
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The misfit can be worn as a bracelet. Or it can be removed from the band to be worn on a sock or bra strap etc
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can buy fancy fitbit bracelets... ones that look like you are wearing a dressy bracelet and not a fitness tracker. A quick Google image search brought up some... I'm sure if you looked around you could find something that you like.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fancy+fitbit+bracelets&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=534&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CEgQsARqFQoTCIiEv77Yo8cCFQO1GgodTG8PVQ
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use FitBit One and I clip it on my bra (TMI on the little part between the cups) because I don't ever want people to see it. I'm just a very private person and work with the public so I don't want to answer what it is 100 timed a day
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I would either stuff it somewhere hidden in my bra or in my purse. I use the Vivofit 2 and will put it in my purse at the grocery store because pushing the cart seems to freak it out. It either reads way high or way low.
  • krystleLD25
    krystleLD25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i wish i could use one of those. im in the navy and work in a classified building so i cant have anything that transmits a signal (wifi, Bluetooth, cellular, etc). ive wanted one for so long but its just not financially worth it if i cant even wear it during my most active (non-working out) time.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You can buy fancy fitbit bracelets... ones that look like you are wearing a dressy bracelet and not a fitness tracker. A quick Google image search brought up some... I'm sure if you looked around you could find something that you like.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fancy+fitbit+bracelets&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=534&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CEgQsARqFQoTCIiEv77Yo8cCFQO1GgodTG8PVQ

That's what I did. I have a bunch and they're not super pricey either.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    They seem to work better on your person than in a carried bag. When I went to the water park a couple weeks ago, I was able to fit it into the little waterproof case I had, and it logged something like 97 flights of stairs and over 15k steps. Granted, we did have to climb to the top of towers to ride the rides, but only four were like that so I'm fairly sure it wasn't accurate! It's good for a rough estimate though.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hey thank you everyone for all these clever ideas. I didn't know there were these options. I am going to consider the bracelets and or the clip in the bra. I am getting tired of feeling like I'm a *tagged animal or something :)

Krystel in the navy- Thank you for your service! Have you thought of wearing one of those old school pedometers?