best for muscle soreness?

Options
So sore I can't even sit properly - I plop down......any nutrition that would help? Specific exercises?

Replies

• mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Normally i get the sauna! probably the complete wrong thing to do though haha

Other than that i just do lots of stretches
  • lovellm122
    lovellm122 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your muscle will become accustomed to your work load and the soreness will be far less intense after future session. Best thing at the moment is to rest ..... If you have soreness in your joints and tendons after working out Glucosamine Sulphate works wonders in my experience.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling...maybe I'm strange. Makes me feel like I've done something right!
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If it's in your legs a light walk should help. Also stretch those muscles. when I had really bad DOMS from squats I would just do warmup squats without any weight, and by the time I was done warming up I the pain was way more manageable.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Light cardio or movement to promote blood flow
    Anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen
    Time
    You'll be good...
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    rest. stretch. repeat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Movement. If it's unbearable, NSAIDs and an epsom salt bath.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mc1rfitmom
    mc1rfitmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Foam rolling will work wonders.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Foam rollers are awesome. Sore after run last night. Feel so much better frim roller. Also baths. If u are lucky and gym has steam room or hot tub.
  • lovellm122
    lovellm122 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling...maybe I'm strange. Makes me feel like I've done something right!

Same
  • Havasufalls
    Havasufalls Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Totally agree!! I went for a walk this morning before work - I guess it's when I'm sitting at my desk and standing up/sitting down that it hurts the most
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    lovellm122 wrote: »

Same
    Me too! Thought I was the only weird one.