Hi, it's just me

Options
litnbug
litnbug Posts: 20 Member
Hi, I'm Kelly. I'm just getting started, although I have jumped in before I was quite prepared lol. I don't even have a scale yet! Anyway, I don't really have a support system. My family is oblivious. SO I could use all the support and encouragement I can get!

Replies

• JennyRandall1
    JennyRandall1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! Take it slow, I myself have a tendency to jump right in and do really intense workouts and burn myself out and then fall off the wagon. I'm taking it a lot slower but I'm going steady almost 3 weeks now with 3 solid lbs down.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly. You don't need a scale to be prepared, just a legitimate desire to work towards your goals. If you intend to get a scale I HIGHLY recommend it be a food scale so you can weight what you eat. Weighing yourself is often disappointing and doesn't accurately reflect the strides you make. My weight goes up and down all the time, but my belt size is continuing to get smaller and I look better and better in my clothes. That's WAY more important to me than the number on a scale. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • litnbug
    Options
    Thanks a bunch! Yeah, I'm planning on taking it slow, not looking for miracles lol, just wanting to see some results without losing interest
  • JennyRandall1
    Options
    Yep, that's my big thing is I want to see results right away. I can definitely see a difference in how my body looks, although 3lbs doesn't seem like much. What kind of workout regime do you plan on doing?
  • litnbug
    Options
    A food scale is a great idea! I hadn't even thought of that. I think it's probably a good idea that I wasn't prepared, cause I can get ideas for things I hadn't even thought of
  • Rebekah281
    Rebekah281 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly. I understand about oblivious. In my family, we show affection and sympathy with food. So you can see my dilemma. I have explained repeatedly that I appreciate their love, but I have no self control if it's in the house so please don't bring it in, but let us have one little argument, or me get just a little moody, and ... chocolate? Cookies? Here, have some chips. I love them, but it can be so frustrating. They also want to lose weight but are not committed to it, and I'm afraid I'm getting that way. I want to lose weight so bad but the heavier I get the more tired I feel and the less I seem to want to try anything and so the heavier I get and the more tired I get. Which is why I'm trying this app again. I'm praying I find some good friends who can motivate me to get my sorry tail in gear. Honestly, I'm feeling more hopeful about this endeavor than I've felt in a long while. I'm going to try and give it my all. Hoping we can become friends but don't know how to save you or if I will be able to find you again, so if you are more tech savvy than me, feel free to say hello often. Your going to make it to your goal and hopefully, as your family sees your accomplishments, they will climb on board this ride with you. Hugs Kelly. Best of luck.
  • litnbug
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind of workouts I will be doing. I work 5 days a week as a dairy manager in a grocery store and I am moving constantly for about 7 of those 8 hours, and lifting anywhere from 2 to 32 pounds consistently for about 6 of those 8 hours. I am EXHAUSTED when I get home! I think, to start, I will be walking my neighborhood. I also would like to get some kind of exercise video to do at home a couple times a week because I am transportation issues, so going to a gym is pretty much out.
  • blackkappi
    blackkappi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I fell down the wagom last year after loosing 34 pounds. Gain everything +7 pound. Almost had an heart attack when I saw that on the scale Sunday. It was the shock I needed. I have decided to use MFP this time around (last time use mfp and nutritionist). You van add me as a friend if you want :)

Kitchen scale and mesuring cup and spoon. ;)
  • litnbug
    Options
    Rebekah281, I sent you a friend request!
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Kelly - YouTube has a series of videos call Yoga with Adrienne that you could also do. Don't really need any special equipment for that, though a mat does help. I'm pretty damn inflexible and I do those videos to the best of my ability. I am getting better at them and was thrilled when I finally got my feet flat on the floor doing a Downward Dog. Anyone who's done yoga will understand.
  • JennyRandall1
    Options
    I found a lot of videos on Youtube I like, some 3lb dumbells and some arm workout videos that are only 12 minutes long, I found a good pilates video I can do the whole video. I find videos like insanity and T25 and P90x are just so high intensity that I burn out in 10 minutes and I move onto something else. I've started doing 5K walks with my friend in the mornings, we're just starting to jog here and there on our walks but the walks alone have made a pretty good dent in my butt lol. I'm not a gym person so I do 90% of my workouts at home.
  • litnbug
    Options
    Thanks for the advice about YouTube. I hadn't thought of that!