5', 46 yrs old, 160

Options
Battling back after a 30 lb loss (done poorly) and a 40 gain last year. Trying to find an eating plan to work with my damaged metabolism and age.

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, have lost 44 pounds in the past year and I have hypothyroidism. You can do it!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. 5 ft started at 164 I'm down nearly 30 lbs. CICO and walking/jogging .....you can do this :smiley:
  • gonettie2015
    gonettie2015 Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm 53, 5'2", have hypothyroidism, and started out around where you are. I have lost 23 pounds since March without going to the gym or doing any workout, just keeping my normal activity level of being out & about every day and involves some regular gardening and yard work for several hours 2 or 3 times per week. It is fairly strenuous about one day a week.
    I attribute the weight loss to this >
    I have been diligent in logging everything I eat and drink and staying within my calorie limit (1200) almost every day of these 5 months. I average approximately 1100 per day except on those streuous activity days where I add in about half of the activity calories. This is the change for me and the reason why I'm losing weight now, where I never really lost weight before, as I never tried, in earnest.
    You can do it!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 [Friday] started facing the scale at 160. Have lost 10 pounds. Feel free to friend me. I'm 5'2".