T25 Journey

Options
Anyone want to start a T25 journey with me beginning August 3rd? Friend me on fitnesspal and we can do this together!! I'm also 5'11" 211 pounds looking to lose 46 pounds. Looking for friends to help get through this. :wink:

Replies

• Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 5"11 also. I looking to lose 35lbs. I'm starting this program on monday.
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi. I am looking to start on Monday as well! I have just got back from a Cruise holiday and have put on a lot of weight. I watered T25 last year, but stopped becaus I found it 'boring' having just completed Insanity. I haven't done any exercise for a while so T25 should be a good place to start from. I am 5'6 and have about 30lb to lose.
  • MattHarwoodUK
    MattHarwoodUK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2 of T25 and I'm loving it! Having a structure to the week and someone else telling you what to do seems key to just focusing on getting your workout done. Would love to add anyone else on the T25 train! :)
  • 5000thAngel
    5000thAngel Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 yesterday. I'm 5'2" and am looking to drop 20 lbs at the moment, maybe another 5 afterwards, depending on how my body holds the weight and how I look/feel. I'm a teacher, and this school year was rough and I gained almost 15 pounds!!!! I need to drop it!! I'll add you and maybe we can keep each other accountable!
  • frannyxglassx
    frannyxglassx Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    hello guys! I started t25 this week. However, I'm a bit concerned...Let me explain: I've only been working out for about two months by doing kick boxing, Jillian Michael's videos or Body Project (look them up on YouTube, they are amazing). While these workouts I mention kicked my butt I was still able to follow them all the way. T25 is WAY harder and I can't keep up, and even though I sweat like a pig I end up doing 3/4 of the exercises which I doubt will "work". Should I continue or would it be better to stick to my previous workouts for a while? I would love to continue, but I don't know if it's worth it with my poor performance haha. Keep it up you all! You can do it!
  • 5000thAngel
    edited August 2015
    Options
    FRANNYXGLASSX - don't quit! Are you following the moderator at all?? If you are struggling, follow Tanya and do the full exercises when you can. My BIL is in the military, has tough PT daily, and even he said the first few days on T25 were hard. It takes time and it's a LOT of cardio (Plus that full body is HARD).

I do as much as I can on "regular" and switch to Tanya when I'm tired. During this last week, I pause the video at least once every workout (except on abs), sometimes twice, and on full body I paused it 4 times. Gave myself a drink of water and a 2 minute "walk it off" break to catch my breathe and then came back.

Look for PROGRESS in your ability to complete the workout, not just at the "can I do everything all the time".

And yes, even doing 3/4 of hte workouts WILL WORK. Everything helps.

YOU CAN DO IT.
  • EniBee
    Options
    @FRANNYXGLASSX, please continue. If we are all honest, we all are struggling to keep up with Shaun and his crew!!! I pause as well in places and follow Tanya when things get too tough, especially when I don't feel like 'feeling the exercise'. The saving grace for me is that once I have passed the half way line, then the exercises get better.

A friend of mine only follows Tanya and she gets a great workout. Don't give up, please continue. I bet that you won't regret it once we have all reached the last day of month 2 (beta).
  • EniBee
    Options
    PS: I did insanity a year and a half ago. It was murder! However, when I got to month 2, month 1 seemed so easy!!! That showed progress and how far my body and stamina has come. Stick at it and you will see a change in your fitness and body. I also did the 30DS prior to starting Insanity.
    Hope this helps!
  • 7shakey7
    7shakey7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just finished first week of t25. Ab session is a killer for me! I especially like the way shaun t reminds you about your form throughout. I try and do as much as I can and then do tania's moves for the particularly hard ones. Don't think I'll ever be able to do a burpee though :#
  • 5000thAngel
    Options
    Great job 7shakey7!! I do the same process, it's a journey! :) looking forward to week 2 stating tomorrow!
  • mariahwashburn
    mariahwashburn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got the T25 DVD's. Hoping this will be a quick and efficient workout that I can do at home while my little guy is napping. I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so I am hoping to start next Monday. I also start back to school on Monday, so hopefully I can get a good routine going between everything. Here's to getting in shape and losing weight so I can look good for my nursing school graduation in May!
  • NEW_BEGINNINGS28
    NEW_BEGINNINGS28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting t25 today and I never finish programs but this one I am determined to finish
  • Devin051614
    Devin051614 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name Paula. I have one day left of week 3! I'm 5'3 and 161 pounds and I am looking for friends to keep me motivated too.
  • shalak14
    shalak14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am starting T25 again today. It is hard for me to stay motivated. I can do it though.
  • 5000thAngel
    Options
    Keep it up everyone!! We are doing awesome!!! :)

Today is Day 1 of Week 2 for me. I just finished the cardio and was surprised at how much better I did today! I was able to keep up with most of it and only had to do modifier for the moves that require hopping/jumping while in squat or lunge position (hard on the knees). Overall, I'm so thrilled at how much better I've become.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of phase 1.

Feel free to add me new friends are always welcome.

Karen
  • GoosesC
    GoosesC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three, day 4 of alpha. I sort of started it earlier in the summer but wasn't consistent and had a vacation in the middle- so I started over and have stuck to the schedule for three weeks religiously! I've noticed a change in the way clothes fit, and have lost 7 lbs so far in total (including my "slacker" weeks, lol.

My question for y'all would be: how many do you enter it into MFP? I've been putting in 25 minutes of "cardio, low impact" (I follow the modifier because my knees are a mess), gives me a 190 calories burnt. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Thanks and good luck to all!
  • 5000thAngel
    Options
    GoosesC - I don't actually enter it into MFP. I just upped my daily calorie allowance to 1500-1600ish based on the recommendation from the T25 book and then I don't eat back any calories I burn from working out.

However, originally I had planned to enter it and I use a heart monitor to help determine more accurately the calories burned. There's also a website that helps calculate it for you: http://www.t25calories.com/

• GoosesC
    GoosesC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    GoosesC - I don't actually enter it into MFP. I just upped my daily calorie allowance to 1500-1600ish based on the recommendation from the T25 book and then I don't eat back any calories I burn from working out.

However, originally I had planned to enter it and I use a heart monitor to help determine more accurately the calories burned. There's also a website that helps calculate it for you: http://www.t25calories.com/

Thank you very much! I used the website, and I am underestimating my calorie burn. I think I'm going to leave it as-is in MFP though, otherwise I'll be tempted to eat those calories I'm burning, lol!!
  • jwdjd2007
    jwdjd2007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just joined MFP and searched for threads on T25 and found this! I am finishing week 2 of Beta for the second time - so this is week 17 for me altogether. I've had amazing results - 21.5 inches lost as of today's measurements! I'd love to communicate with anyone else working the program and offer encouragement and tips if I can. Feel free to send me a friend request. I'm not selling anything... I just honestly love T25 and what it's done for me. And I enjoy encouraging people!

And to those of you worrying about the modifications - don't. I modified EVERYTHING for my first THREE weeks and I still modify a lot because my knees can't take some of the moves. Trust the program - even the modifications are a great workout. Just keep at it and you'll be amazed what you can do!