Uhm....I do not get it

Options
2»

Replies

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i'm not trying to be difficult here, but i just don't get why folks are concerned with a scale number. if my clothes fit better (or looser), or my measurements are changing in the direction i like.... or if MY BUTT looks smaller (oh please, oh please).... i couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what my scale says. (of course, that's a lot of "ifs" LOL)

is it all just social brainwashing?
  • PWatt2015
    PWatt2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    So she's messing with her hormones, including changing her mind about trying to get pregnant.
    26JUL15 wrote:
    I took myself off the pill and gained 20 pounds in two months.
    I am back on the pill and my weight has not budged.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33423594#Comment_33423594

And inconsistent with amount of loss:
    08AUG15 wrote:
    I have been off for two days and my weight went down by 2 pounds
    10AUG15 wrote:
    last couple of days my body went down 5 pounds
    Ticker shows 2 lb loss.

Diary isn't accessible, so we can't make suggestions about portions, logging choices (using correct entry), etc.

You don't need to. However, nothing is locked, because I did not apply any personal settings. My ticker will show two pounds until next month when I am ready to do my weigh in. Secondly, I do not take pills for me to not get pregnant. I take the pills to regulate my cycles. Thank you.
  • PWatt2015
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    i'm not trying to be difficult here, but i just don't get why folks are concerned with a scale number. if my clothes fit better (or looser), or my measurements are changing in the direction i like.... or if MY BUTT looks smaller (oh please, oh please).... i couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what my scale says. (of course, that's a lot of "ifs" LOL)

probably.
  • PWatt2015
    Options
    I am not sure why my food diary is not accessible. I've been logging in though.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Birth control pills don't affect weight loss. I've been taking them for 7 years straight, and the only thing that's affected my weight, was my diet.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

A bit, but the number on the scale does matter some. It's a good gauge for where you're at overall, though how your body looks overrides that. If you have two people weighing the same and one's a weight lifter, the weight lifter is obviously going to look better! I'm aiming for a weight range, not a specific weight number, because as long as I like how I look, I'm not as concerned about the number on the scale. But the number on the scale tells me about where I am and if it starts going up, I'll know that I'm slacking on paying attention to my food intake and can adjust. I need that feedback because if I wait until I notice it on my body, then I've got a much harder task to do in getting back down to where I need to be.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Muscle ways more than fat. If you work out a lot then you're going to gain muscle. I suggest that you stop weighing yourself and just take measurments once a week.

No - if you are eating at a deficit - you are not adding any appreciable amount of lean muscle.

Muscle is more dense than fat ( 1 cubic yard of fat weighs less than 1 cubic yard of muscle).

Taking measurements is a good idea.

OP - sore muscles may mean you are hanging onto some water weight.
  • PWatt2015
    Options
    Birth control pills don't affect weight loss. I've been taking them for 7 years straight, and the only thing that's affected my weight, was my diet.

I talked to the nurse, and she said that it has different effects on people. I talked to my doctor, and she first said no. Then she said that the only weight that you would gain would be that of water retention. I noticed the difference the first two days after I stopped taking them. My weight had went down. My fingers, legs, and face were not as swollen. They appeared to be swollen on some days and I could not figure out why. They have not appeared that way since.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Hormones can impact water retention and that's likely why you're seeing the large drop in weight. Your water weight may fluctuate greatly throughout the day - mine varies around 6lbs.

Six weeks is not a great deal of time, so stick with it and continue what you're doing. If it is hormonal losing excess weight will help balance out your hormones, a tremendous added benefit. If you find yourself not losing, then tighten up your logging - it really doesn't get any simpler.

You can open your diary in the settings - open to your friends, to the public, or remain private.

Congrats on your success!