Women's running tights, any that aren't see through?

Options
2»

Replies

• dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have several from Nike, Reebok, and C9. None are see through. C9 are from Target here in the states so I'm not sure what the availability is in the UK. They are my favorite because they have cute prints and are inexpensive.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem with any of my running tights, and they are all Karrimor. Maybe give them a try?
  • bombus
    bombus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wear the Gap Active wear leggings in black. They're excellent value & have a bit of support. I have a few pairs, I wear them for yoga, gym & running. Perhaps give them a try. Otherwise yes a short fitness skirt or pair of light shorts would preserve your modesty.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    hcook04 wrote: »
    I've been looking for ages and trying to find some running tights/leggings as I'm not a huge fan of jogging bottoms/sweat pants, however I can't find any that you can't see my underwear through, can anyone recommend anywhere for me to look? My price range is up to about £30.

Or do I just accept that tights aren't opaque and wear nude underwear? Any help would be great, I cringe whenever I'm behind a woman wearing leggings with her polka dot bridget jones pants showing through, and I don't want to be that person lol

Sorry for not actually talking about fitness in this board, wasn't exactly sure where to put my underwear related questions...

Karrimor at sports direct, 2 pairs for £18, bargain. Had mine over a year they wash and wear really well.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo the Old Navy capri option. They are my favorite ones I own; light, wicking, non-see through, affordable and mine have a small zipper pocket in the back big enough to fit an ID card and a key - perfect!
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered M&S capris... I find they are really comfy and even being quite thick are cool enough for our summers.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Underwear?
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I never have a problem with my Nike or Old Navy compression. I took a yoga class a couple months ago and I was in the back and the row in front of me I could see about five ladies undies, all wearing black Lulu's!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I never have a problem with my Nike or Old Navy compression. I took a yoga class a couple months ago and I was in the back and the row in front of me I could see about five ladies undies, all wearing black Lulu's!

I had a friend who had a pair. and they were very very very see thru. yoga pants! for shame

champion can be a little see thru when I bend over but not when I run.
    I've heard good things about old navy, dicks sporting goods and danskin
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love love love under armour for compression leggings, not see through at all and super comfy
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Underwear?

Lol! Must admit, I hadthe same thought. I never wear any when wearing my gym/running gear.

• Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fabletics
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Nike dri fit are my fave but you need to find knock down prices in a sale somewhere! I also have a cheap pair of USA pro leggings from sports direct which cost me under £10 and are not in any way see through. They're actually pretty comfy, have washed very well and have a little pocket at the back which is handy for a key and couple of quid when you go out on a run.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have Old Navy stuff and Under Armour stuff that is not see through. Also, my Champion compression shorts and Bermuda type shorts are not see through.
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »

I don't own any Lulu tights, but I've heard this a lot. I even read an article about the CEO citing women are buying too small a size which makes them stretch too much. Whether it is that or less quality materials being used lately, they are too expensive for me to try out. I do love their running skirts, though!