I'm new and could really use your help

Options
I'm new to MFP, but not to trying to lose weight. That has been a life long battle. I've spent the last year on CK, but found myself using the blogs socially and not for weight loss/health improvement.

While I love new friends, I really need people to push me into a fresh start and to hold me accountable.

Are you one of those people?

I'd really appreciate your encouragement, guidance, and stories.

Be my friend?

Replies

• lovesanirishman
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but not to trying to lose weight. That has been a life long battle. I've spent the last year on CK, but found myself using the blogs socially and not for weight loss/health improvement.

While I love new friends, I really need people to push me into a fresh start and to hold me accountable.

Are you one of those people?

I'd really appreciate your encouragement, guidance, and stories.

Be my friend?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am also a CK defector :laugh: as you can tell by the name. In fact the only thing I use CK for now is my friends.

I log all of my food here. The food diary is awesome.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I have "met" some good people on here and they have helped motivate me and give me great advice and support! I believe you will like it too!!
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    I am already your friend...there seems to be several of us from the other site here....I like it so far....:smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I think you'll enjoy all the support and information you'll find here. :smile:

But, I'm a dummy - what's CK????? :ohwell:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place!! Best of luck!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I think you'll enjoy all the support and information you'll find here. :smile:

But, I'm a dummy - what's CK????? :ohwell:

I was gonna ask the same thing...you & I are on the same brainwaves this evening, Shannon!

Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    It is another site..It is a good site..it has helped me to lose 50 pounds in the past almost two years....However they are not free like this one is....I like free better....:smile:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    CK is another weight loss site that many of us have been on for years, but alas they started charging for membership.

Alot of us have looked at other free sites, but they were busy with ads, emails, etc.

I found MFP about 2-3 weeks ago and have been in love with it since. The food diary is out of this world which I didn't think would be possible compared to CK's but MFP's is so much better.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    CK is another weight loss site that many of us have been on for years, but alas they started charging for membership.

Alot of us have looked at other free sites, but they were busy with ads, emails, etc.

I found MFP about 2-3 weeks ago and have been in love with it since. The food diary is out of this world which I didn't think would be possible compared to CK's but MFP's is so much better.

Gotcha! :smile:

Glad ya'll found us! :flowerforyou:
  • lovesanirishman
    Options
    I love the people at the other site, but with the economy the way it is, I would rather spend the $75 on something else.... like new "skinny" clothes!
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    Welcome! you will love it here! You will find all the support you can stand, lol!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    MFP rocks! The tracking, the people, the ... everything. Welcome.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I love the people at the other site, but with the economy the way it is, I would rather spend the $75 on something else.... like new "skinny" clothes!

Me too! Free is good.

and I think the food diary here is awesome....
    (and I like how we can quote people in the forums too and these tickers are pretty cool as well)

Yea, I know.... I lost lots of weight at the "other site" - but this one seems to have a very similar plan and I believe anyone who follows it will have success.

:smile:
  • lovesanirishman
    Options
    I love the food diary as well! We don't have to add foods that others have already added. It is so much more comprehensive than the other site and quicker!