Legs tire quickly when working out full force

Options
its only started recently, but when I go all out like in water aerobics and not really even pushing, my legs will feel really tired really fast. Any thoughts on cause? I've been doing water aerobics 4-5 days a week, then do the cyber arc, (similar to an elliptical but smoother) was walking a half mile and doing misc balance and core. I do strength training 2-3 days a week usually lasting an hour, no majorly heavy weights. I try to push through but usually have to back off. Injured knee so walking later in day after a break and usually after dark.

Replies

• shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I find the same thing, only it's been happening ever since I started to get fit. I wonder if you aren't overexercising. That was what I was told by many people, and it makes sense. You are working your muscles fairly vigorously, and that actually breaks them down. They grow by rebuilding after the workout, and if you don't give them enough time, they cannot keep up. The recommended amount of time is 48 hours between workouts on the same muscle. So you may find you improve much faster if you take every second day as a rest day. As one of my friends says, "That's when the magic happens!"
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I also wonder if I'm eating enough, I'm pretty suspicious that I'm not, but working on that. I've been working out at similar pace since probably March, but only 3 days of water aerobics. So it's probably the extra water aerobics......??? I enjoy my workout and hate to miss a day! Going from 260 and sedentary to 205 and my workout routine now, has been a long uphill battle. I definitely do NOT want to lose ground!!!! Just gotta get this last 40 + lbs off!!!