New to site and need suppot!

Options
Hello, my name is Angie and i am 31 years old I need to lose over 200 lbs. I need back surgery bad but the surgeon will not touch my back until i lose at least 100 lbs. I was never over weight like this until i had my car accident in 2002 when i was 18. After that i just put more and more weight on and i deal with a great deal of depression and those meds do not help either!

Replies

• litnbug
    litnbug Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie, I'm Kelly and I'm new here too, just started today, although I did use this site several years ago. I will send you a friend request and we can hopefully support and motivate each other! My weight isn't due to the reason yours is, bless your heart, but I understand about the depression. You can do this!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie.. I am not new but haven't been logging for awhile. I'll send a request, I need support to keep going.
  • rebecorona2014
    rebecorona2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Here to support and get support!
  • Kayk32
    Kayk32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie, I'm new and just joined and would love some support and info sharing as well.
  • mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you in your journey ☺ Feel free to add
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hey Angie! If you stick with calorie counting it will start to come off. I've lost 22lbs in 3weeks simply by staying at around a 1000 calorie deficit. Don't worry about completely changing what you eat. Cut out things like soda, cookies, chips, etc. Cut back on pastas and breads, they are empty calories unless you are doing lots of physical activity. Cutting out empty calories is the way to do this without feeling hungry all the time. Meats and veggies are the way to go. be sure to get your 90-100 grams of protein daily. The body burns 700 calories converting 90 grams of protein into other chemicals that your body needs. After a week or two you will get used to eating less. Try to plan out your meals starting with your largest one. Once you know what you are having for dinner you can plan backwards for a decent breakfast and a light lunch.

I hope that you stick with it. After a week or two it becomes second nature and even fun at times to plan everything out. I keep my diary open to the public if you want to see what I eat. Hint: it's not that great lol.
  • butterflygrl2003
    butterflygrl2003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support!