38 and need a swift kick in the butt

Options
jb_interiors
jb_interiors Posts: 37 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the community and in search of support. I'm 38 years old and have struggled with weight for a little over 10 years now. I was never overweight as a child or teen. I have tried many horrible, unhealthy diets in hopes that they are the magic needed to stop the vicious circle. The only thing they have done is mess with my metabolism, encourage additional weight gain and in turn, increased my anxiety in general. Recently, I was told that I cannot have children. I was shocked and devastated. After many hospital visits and tests (some quite painful), I was told that I was a candidate for IVF and I was thrilled and encouraged. Unfortunately, when I went to sign the paperwork to get the process started, the fertility clinic turned me away because of my weight. Instead of losing the weight (20lbs) that I needed to, I spiraled out of control and gained 50 lbs. I suspect that I may have BED but have not actually spoken with a professional yet (likely to happen in upcoming weeks). If you struggle in a similar way and would like a buddy system, I'd be happy to lend the support. After all, doesn't it always seem easier to help someone else rather than help yourself? Ugh.

In order to get back to the fertility clinic, I have to lose 50lbs but that brings me to 200lbs and it is still an unhealthy weight. I need to learn how to make a lifestyle change and take baby steps. I need small victories.

Replies

• mrarmaan
    mrarmaan Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    best of luck for your goals :)
  • jb_interiors
    Options
    Thanks so much! ✌
  • blackkappi
    blackkappi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll kick your butt if you kick mine lol I need to get back.in gear. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • LaurenStepney
    LaurenStepney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 40-50lbs before I can do Ivf so I'm in the same boat. Message me, it's always nice to have a buddy to help in the struggle
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I think I will be in the same boat soon. We have been trying for 5 years and I'm thinking about finally starting the medical journey, which will no doubt have Weight Loss as the first stop. I'd love to be friends with you, both on the weight loss journey as with the other journey. Had a big meltdown a couple of nights ago..... and last night got out of bed at 3.30 am because of shooting stars/making wish. Lol.... if shooting stars don't work... I'll go see a doctor next. I need to lose 100+lbs for a healthy weight.
  • jb_interiors
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? And what do you weigh?
  • Hickey920
    Hickey920 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am in the same boat! I need to lose 30 pounds to do ivf. I currently weight 185 pounds, I feel very unmotivated to get going even though I have a great reason!! I think I'm also a little scared with the process! But we are planning on starting in April so I have 7 months to prepare! I had a tubal 3 years ago and regret it! I wish you all the best of luck!
  • noahlukiemama
    noahlukiemama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi in some ways we are a lot alike. Whenever I try to lose weight I actually end up gaining more usually through late night binges. I started a new job a few months ago and the stress has caused me to pack on some pounds! I need a swift kick in the butt too! You're not alone!
  • leemcm5048
    leemcm5048 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good Luck @jb_interiors! :)
  • pjtroiani
    pjtroiani Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you need support, add me. I am a chef and struggle daily. I have been able to take off weight and get healthier just by using this app and my fitbit. I log constantly and would be glad to encourage you. I am in Harrisburg, PA and would like to set up a support group here.