Moov Fitness Tracker, anyone?

Options
I have used a lot of fitness trackers to keep track of my workouts (Nike Fuelband, Jawbone UP 24, BodyMedia Fit, etc.) but was looking for something that not only tracks your workouts but intelligently coaches you along the way. There is a tracker called Moov that is out there, and they just announced a new second generation version called the Moov NOW which is available for pre-order at a significant discount of $59 for one, or $49 each for 2 or more, which I think is cheap. Link: https://moov.cc/getmoov/F75D619C67 . I went ahead and did an impulse buy for two of these, since two were still cheaper than other bands I was considering. Amazon reviews of the original Moov seem very positive, but I wanted some insight from the MFP community if I just threw away my money or not. Is there anyone out there that uses a Moov? How has your experience been? Do you use it on iPhone or Android (I'll be using it on Android)? Thanks for your insights!

Replies

• jimfoxer
    jimfoxer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok... three days and not one response. Are these trackers that rare?!?
  • ernestmartin3
    ernestmartin3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not that rare. I have a friend that bought a Fitbit and a Moov. She sent the Moov back after s week with both. Her problem was that she had problems getting the Moov to sync up.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just purchased 2 moov now devices. crossing my fingers.
  • Photoartist2
    Photoartist2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have vivofit garmin. I got a move now as it looked interesting. I am hoping it work as well as advertise. I still like my garmin but I liked the coaching aspect of the move now item.
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have been through Vivofit 2 and Vivofit 3 and, although Garmin has a great app and super archiving of one's exercise, the MOOV I have been using for a month has a better "instant" interface after syncing. (My Garmin's were way less waterproof that advertised ... and I swim 2.5 to 3.5 hours per day. The Moov wins on waterproof!)
  • SlimmerCyclist
    SlimmerCyclist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my MOOV. It understands cycling and can measure my cadence. Because it doesn't have a display it don't have to charge it, only change the battery twice a year.
  • ChasingNemo
    ChasingNemo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had two (so I could do boxing). I liked them at first but the workouts didn't really suit me and the feedback was more generic than I'd hoped.