wow!!!!!

Options
I was talking with my wife the other day and I can't believe how many calories I used to eat in a day..
I was eating on average between 3300-4000 a day... No wonder I am over weight.....
Now I am eating between 1600-1850 a day and I am not getting snacking feelings in the evening this is useually the worst time for me when I am sat watching a film/tv........

Replies

• JustDandyCreations
    JustDandyCreations Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yay I am so happy for you!! You can do it!! Keep up the good work!
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A lot of junk food that you eat adds up not only because of the high calorie content, but at least for me it doesn't fill me up. I recently rewarded myself for beating my 1.5 mile time by eating at Five Guys. I easily ate 1800 calories in 10 minutes and I was still hungry afterwards.
  • newt1975
    newt1975 Posts: 23
    Options
    A lot of junk food that you eat adds up not only because of the high calorie content, but at least for me it doesn't fill me up. I recently rewarded myself for beating my 1.5 mile time by eating at Five Guys. I easily ate 1800 calories in 10 minutes and I was still hungry afterwards.

I know what you mean I love KFC but I am still very hungry after a meal ( 1200-1400 ) calories.. ouch!!!! when I look at it i wonder how I ever ate them so often....
  • NicoleRene1029
    Options
    Good job paying attention to those calories! I felt the same way when I added this app on my phone, I was like WOW, I had no idea I was eating that much!! I added this app because I was so discouraged when I was working out and watching what I ate, until my uncle who recently lost a ton of weight was like, "Start counting your calories, stick to that much, and trust me, if you would have done it a few months ago you would have lost 20 pounds already." So I did it, and the first week I was suprised when I started looking at serving sizes on things and realizing I was easily eating like 3 or 4 servings of things and not even knowing it. Just beacuse I think I ate healthy doesn't mean that I was. I was eating like chicken breast and salads and a little pasta and not knowing the chicken was about 3Xs the size of a serving, and the pasta was 2 servings but at like 600 calories!! So now, I pay more attention and when I see what I am eating and logging in, it makes me not want to waste calories on soda or things that don't fill me up! Good job and keep up the good work!
  • newt1975
    newt1975 Posts: 23
    Options
    I totally agree with the portion sizes, I am terrible at them so weighing my food is a great way for me to make sure I get the right amount at each meal......
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

i know what you mean. If i eat a mcdonalds, im always hungry again about an hour later.

I usually remind myself that even a good 7 mile run doesnt burn off enough calories for the average mcdonalds