Workout dvd's ? What works for you ?

Options
Hey

I'm just wondering what's the best dvd's that you've found to be helpfull, and see results from at home.

I'm going to do one gym class per week to start with, BodyPump. But I'd like something to do at home, on a daily basis.

I've been hearing lots about P90x and Insanity, but at the moment I can't afford the set. :noway:

Is there anything else that has worked for you ???

Replies

• francinecowart
    Options
    dvd..."Walk away the pounds"...indoor trampoline
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Zumba Fitness
    Zumba Exhilarate
    HipHop Abs
    Brazilian Butt Lift

Sorry, but I'm a dance mouse. I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zumba Dvds. Never got boring to me and I'm doing them since Sept last year. Got the exhilarate Dvds yesterday and already fell in love with them as well.
  • skinnysinner
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred!
    Davina McCall - High energy 5
    Mr Motivator - Bums legs and Tums workout! ( SO FUN )
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    My cable company has free on demand programs which I find is great when I want to do a little something different and mix it up. They have lots of programs but my faves are Jillian Michaels Last Chance Workout, 6 Pack in 6 and Shred. The Leslie Sansone ones are great too!
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My favorite one is by Leslie Sansone its a older version made back in the 80's but its a good workout, it is the step aerobic workout, gets your heart rate up and burns calories.
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've never seen the Brazilian Butt Lift, just had a look on ebay uk but there was nothing I could find there. I've noticed a few of the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, that looks fair interesting, and so does the Zumba. Although I'm not very co-ordinated for dancing lol

I didn't know Mr . Motivator was still around, I can remember doing 10mins of him before school back in the day on GMTV.

Does working out to these, and keeping with in your cals work .. am I going to have to get something.
  • beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Leslie Sansone. She keeps you motivated while working off the pounds. She has several levels up to 5 miles in an hour. Good luck:)
  • francinecowart
    Options
    yep she sure does:)
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My favourites are Davina McCall Power of 3 and Body Buff. I also like for a change Charlie Brooks' she plays Janine in Eastenders, that always makes me ache for a couple of days after.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nell McAndrew has a series of DVDs that are really good. i have Peak Energy, its a really good workout, and really makes u sweat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My favourites are Davina McCall Power of 3 and Body Buff. I also like for a change Charlie Brooks' she plays Janine in Eastenders, that always makes me ache for a couple of days after.

I have Davina's Power of 3, its great for a quick workout, i think i know most of the legs & bums section off by heart now!!
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    :happy: Thanks for all the help .. I've been looking at what i can on youtube. Helps to know that these dvd's are making a difference to each of you, deffo makes me what to have a go too
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Tae Bo. That's my number one workout.

Leslie Sansone has some good indoor walking workouts.

Chris Freytag has some good Prevention Fitness Systems workouts. She has walking ones too. I love working out with Chris Freytag. She even has a kickboxing workout.

I have other kickboxing workouts as well, but as I have said, Tae Bo is my number one workout.

Core Rhythms. I don't own Zumba, but I do have other Latin, African, Caribbean workouts too.

Boot Camp workouts are good. I have a lot of Boot Camp Tae Bo workouts and other boot camp workouts.

Interval training and circuit workouts are good too.
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    Tae Bo, that's one I haven't seen for a long time, I used to have a Video Tape of Tae Bo. Shame I don't have the VCR player anymore or I would get it out and have a go
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    I couldnt get hold of the 30Day Shred, but I managed to get The Biggest Loser, Six Week Slimdown
  • AZackery
    Options
    Have you checked Amazon for the 30 day shred? I have gotten mine and two others in a bundle pack on Amazon.
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    I'll have a look on there for it. Gonna give this 6 week slimdown a go, starting tomorrow. I'll take all my measurement's tomorrow morning before i start, and take pics so i can monitor the difference. It's a everyday workout, they have given you a programme to go a long with of which parts of the dvd to do per day, and a 1 rest day per week.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few heres what I think

Davina Fit - Great for beginners, this one used to really puff me out but I went back to it the other day and I don't feel like it challenges me enough anymore and it doesn't give any pointers to how you could make it harder for yourself other than bouncing a bit more and using heavier weights lol. This was the DVD that really got me started with exercising though - without it I don't think I would've had the confidence to do other things like the C25K etc.

It has 5 sections, 4 x 30 min sections for Aerobics, Arms (top fit), Legs (kick fit) and bottom fit (bums) and 1 x 10 minute yoga stretch. This is pretty much the format for all Davina DVDs - I think this is great as you don't get bored of the workouts as quickly!

I still use it especially for the Arms section though as I'm just starting out with strength training (I do most of my cardio through running now).

Davina SuperBody Workout - Honestly I haven't used this for a year. I used it before Davina Fit, decided it was too hard and used Davina Fit. The reason I found it tougher though is because it was longer sessions, I don't know if I would still find it as challenging or whether it's the same kinda thing as with Davina Fit. If you want something longer (40-50 mins) though this is great.

The sections are:

40 mins workouts
    Super Sculpt: for toning up your whole body, aerobic intervals.
    Super Fit: aerobic kickboxing

50 mins workouts are:
    'Super Legs' combines the 'Super Sculpt' routine with an extra ten minutes concentrating on your legs and bum.
    'Super Pump' uses the 'Super Sculpt' routine but with an added ten minutes of upper body exercises.
    'Super Abs' is an extra ten minutes of abdominals exercises added to the Super Fit workout.

10 minute workouts
    'Super Six Pack' - add it to any of the above!

Again a lot to chose from. You won't get bored!

Jillian Michaels - 6 Week 6 Pack - This is what I'm using at the moment. Like I've already said I'm focusing more on strength and core and doing running for cardio so I was looking for a DVD which had less cardio and this was it! I'm 9 Days in and I'm loving the DVD and the results. There are 2 levels and each level also has a beginner, intermediate, advanced and sometimes super-advance versions of most of the moves so you can always keep pushing yourself. I'm still on level 1 and some moves I'm doing the beginner versions and other moves the super-advanced! This only has a few HIIT intervals so if you want something cardio this isn't for you but when you're looking to tone up it's fab!

Jillian Michaels has a great track record so I don't think you can go wrong with her DVD's!
  • AZackery
    Options
    I will be doing a new program. I don't usually do programs, because I'm a type of person that would get bored doing the same exercises. That's why I do a different workout each time I workout. I own over 100 workouts, but I will do this program and incorporate some of my other workouts into the program. Definitely, Tae Bo.

The program is Supreme 90. I hope to get it tomorrow.
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    I've never tried a Davina one, just had a quick look online at them. Maybe will give that a try after this sixweek dvd, though I'm still going to get something by Jillian Michaels.

Just curious how do you log these video's in you exercise blog ? What would it come under ?