Confession: Iiiiiim a sleep eater

Options
So.... I rolled over this morning to a quarter of a stale flour tortilla. Have no recollection of going to obtainit or eating it....

Guess I'm back to keeping only frozen food in the house.....

Dammit. I could cry right now.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Were you drinking last eve?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    It's not really anything to confess rather than a disorder which can be helped with appropriate treatment.

See your doctor for a referral.
  • blairf83
    blairf83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nope. No alcohol or any other substances involved.

Had hoped I had nixed that problem but apparently not. Am a little stressed right now as I have surgery to fix my chest assymetry in less than two weeks and I'm wanting to eat everything in sight.
  • sidricks
    sidricks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had problems sleep eating. I was on seroquel. It stopped when I stopped the medication. My body constantly craved food when on that pill. I would wake up to go to the washroom in the middle of the night then head to the fridge and eat what ever I could. I wasn't really sleeping. Just very drowsy. It was surreal
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I did this on certain medications, too. I'd also move where the car was parked -- which is much scarier. Where did I drive at night? Just around the parking lot?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I couldn't even imagine doing things in my sleep like eating or driving. My husband says I talk but that's it.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Does this happen a lot? This may be a sleep disorder-have you had a sleep study done?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2945843/
  • LowCarbHighFatNat
    LowCarbHighFatNat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do this as well. I eat the weirdest things. Even hummus- with my finger. Mostly carbs though. I quit buying tortillas, bread, english muffins. Anything carb related really. My doctor related it to abilify. However I still find myself doing it at times :( It has really contributed it to my weight gain. Once my now husband had a birthday cake in the house. The next morning we woke up and the chocolate cake was under my fingernails. I slept ate the cake with my hands like an animal! I was SO embarrassed. You are not alone!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    blairf83 wrote: »
    Nope. No alcohol or any other substances involved.

Does that include medications? Ambien?

• blairf83
    blairf83 Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Im totally Medication free. Not even otc stuff or birth control. I used to do it periodically when I was younger. Not Often though. It was a super rare occurrence.

Ive pitched any food that doesn't require some heinous prep time. Just going back to not keeping food in the house beyond what I need to eat that day.