Reward System

Options
How do you reward yourself ??? I decided that one way I can help myself stay on track is to start rewarding myself. I have these stubborn 7lbs that I want to lose to get me out of a certain weight area. I said once I lose the 7 lbs I'm getting a tattoo. I have over 100 lbs to lose, but I feel like if I get rid of this 7 and be in a different weight area, I would be more confident. So after i came up with the tattoo idea I got discouraged again because I couldn't think of any other rewards. I get pedicures every two weeks, massages whenever I want to. I don't want to reward myself with food. So can you guys give me some ideas on what type of reward system I should use or that you use to help keep you motivated?

Replies

• buryherdead
    Options
    You could reward yourself with a new outfit? or even some new make up? Who doesn't love a new pair of shoes? lol.
  • chloe2020
    chloe2020 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have 80lbs that I want to loose, just started this week to properly motivate myself and work hard at this. I'd like to loose most but ideally all of this for this time next year.

My reward will be clothes that flatter me and don't cover me up and a USA roadtrip!

I also allow myself to have a little treat on a weekend, I'm a big lover of cakes and sweets and if I'm good during the week it's a treat on a weekend. I hope it works!

x
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I always said once I lost ''that stone'' I'd cut all my hair off... Well I have now lost 20lbs and still haven't had the hair cut. I know that once I make the change from long to short then that's it.

I will instead be treating myself to a new wardrobe - in celebration of my Birthday and reaching my goal.

Oh and I am also going on holiday - a last minute week in the Med - Yay!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like to reward myself with fitness oriented things to keep me motivated to get the next level. I like fitness dvd, so I use those as rewards because mixing it up physically helps the body work harder. I also like new weights, medicine ball, kettlebells, pull up bar, etc. ideas
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Current weight 184.
    Goal 175: reward--P90X from Beachbody. Hoping to achieve this by mid July.
    Goal 165: reward--nice gi from Century Martial Arts. Hoping to achieve this by mid Sept.
    Goal 155: reward--new pair of jeans. Hoping to achieve this by mid Nov.
    Goal 145: reward--high-heeled smokin' hot leather boots. Hoping to achieve this by mid Jan.
    Goal 135: reward--new linen or silk blazer or suit. Hoping to achieve this by mid-March.
    Goal 135 maintained for six months: reward--new winter wardrobe.

Yikes! I didn't realize until just now how clothes-obsessed I am. But I guess it makes sense--as a never-been-thin girl, I have a lot of pent-up clothes lust. I have a closet full (and drawers full!) of clothes I hate, selected for their ability to cover my body. My goal is to replace all that with 5 pieces that I really love and will wear with pleasure.
  • omegau
    omegau Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions. I'm still trying to figure out what my reward will be..good luck to all of you with your goals!!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are in the same boat...I couldn't find any worthwhile rewards because simply put, I'm spoiled...So I had to tell myself that I wouldn't get any more pedicures until I lost 5 lbs, or I wouldn't buy any new clothes until I lost 10 lbs.....It kinda sucks, but it definately works...
  • omegau
    omegau Posts: 6
    Options
    I decided the same thing this weekend. At first I was going to put money aside each week to use for vacation, but i was like that's not enough motivation so I decided the same thing you did. If I don't reach my goals, I cannot get a pedicure or massage or whatever else I want. I'm a little spoiled also. Good luck with your journey..
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    If I can get to 10 stone I am getting a macbook air (all my weight lost).
    I don't know how I will afford it, but it will be mine *narrows eyes as sky becomes stormy behind and a crash of thunder sets a suitably determined mood*.

Doesn't help that since eating healthier I have to buy my own food instead of just eat the crap my family put in the cupboards.