Antibiotics and plateauing

Options
Ok. I have been exercising a lot and I try my best to not eat as much. So far I've been pretty successful. However, ever since I had to go on antibiotics. It feels impossible to lose weight.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Is weight gain a known side effect of the antibiotic you're on?

It doesn't look like you're logging in your diary much, are you actually counting calories? And what exercises are you doing to burn several thousand calories a day??
  • LadyFlexible
    LadyFlexible Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I typically. Write down what I've eaten after the day is done. I do MMA and Juijitsu and workout at the gym most of my days of my days off. running and calisthenics to warm up. Strength training afterwards for a few hours by doing weightlifting, strength building exercises, or activities.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    log everything. until you actually know you are in a deficit, we wouldn't be able to tell you if it was possibly the antibiotics
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You should get a couple weeks of good logging in before concluding that you can't lose weight. Your calorie burns seem really, really, really, really high.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Taking antibiotics can impact your intestinal flora which may impact your water retention. Ensure you're properly hydrating, especially when taking new medication. Give it 5-7 days for your cells to cycle through the uptake and see if there's any change.

New exercise routines can have the same impact.
  • LadyFlexible
    Options
    NVM it was something else...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    NVM it was something else...

Congrats?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Where do you walk your dog to for 7 or 8 hours? The next state?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, your calorie burns are way over stated. Wow
  • LadyFlexible
    Options
    I work in a physically demanding job...I didn't know where to put it so I chose that...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I work in a physically demanding job...I didn't know where to put it so I chose that...

Set your activity level to active or very active. That accounts for your daily life like your job.
  • LadyFlexible
    Options
    Did it. My antibiotic ended today but something else started today that tends to make life harder.
  • LadyFlexible
    Options
    It was definitely my partially my periods fault. My weight has actually gone down some though since the antibiotic ended, however.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You eat 5200 calories a day? Really?
  • LadyFlexible
    Options
    Where does it say eat? No where. I burn a lot because my job requires me to be physically moving all the time