Whey Protein???

Options
Monroe121
Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
What's the best whey to buy for a breakfast meal replacement?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is not a meal replacement. It can be used in shakes with additional foods to create a meal replacement.
  • Monroe121
    Options
    Protein powder is not a meal replacement. It can be used in shakes with additional foods to create a meal replacement.

I worded it wrong. What's the best whey to buy for a breakfast meal replacement
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Monroe121 wrote: »

Whey is a type of protein powder.

There are meal replacements.
    And there protein powder. They are different.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I bought protein powder and then when I did some counting and learned just my meat and eggs was meeting my protein needs so I stopped the protein drinks. I love them but could not lose weight overdoing the protein in my case. The first 6 months was a steep learning curve in my case but after 10 months I think I have this thing going my way finally. :) Best of luck.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    There is a brand used for bariatric patients called Bariatric Advantage which has high protein, low carbohydrates, and is fortified with a full complement of vitamins and minerals. They also have a decent amount of dietary fiber.

I find the iced latte, chocolate, and vanilla flavors to be the most palatable.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm taking BSN Syntha-6 cookies and cream flavor..it's really good. I like to mix them with my oats sometimes or just drink it with plain water. There's so many different brands though and you should look into each of them..some of the bigger and reliable brands are, Cellucor, Optimum Nutrition, BPI Sports, etc. I don't recommend buying any of the proteins at walmart though.
  • Monroe121
    Options
    Monroe121 wrote: »

Whey is a type of protein powder.

There are meal replacements.
    And there protein powder. They are different.

Thanks!
  • Monroe121
    Options
    I bought protein powder and then when I did some counting and learned just my meat and eggs was meeting my protein needs so I stopped the protein drinks. I love them but could not lose weight overdoing the protein in my case. The first 6 months was a steep learning curve in my case but after 10 months I think I have this thing going my way finally. :) Best of luck.

Thanks!!! :-)
  • Monroe121
    Options
    There is a brand used for bariatric patients called Bariatric Advantage which has high protein, low carbohydrates, and is fortified with a full complement of vitamins and minerals. They also have a decent amount of dietary fiber.

I find the iced latte, chocolate, and vanilla flavors to be the most palatable.

Thanks!! :smile:
  • Monroe121
    Options
    I'm taking BSN Syntha-6 cookies and cream flavor..it's really good. I like to mix them with my oats sometimes or just drink it with plain water. There's so many different brands though and you should look into each of them..some of the bigger and reliable brands are, Cellucor, Optimum Nutrition, BPI Sports, etc. I don't recommend buying any of the proteins at walmart though.

:smiley: Hahah thank you! I will go to the vitamin store --> NOT Walmart!! :smile:
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Kaizen Whey Protein Isolate, either chocolate or vanilla. The whey they used is sourced only from Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

They mix well even in a shaker bottle. Not sure if it's only available in Canada though.
  • harriet_89
    harriet_89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use PhD Woman meal replacement shakes (I'm in the UK). I really like it!